2006 OPM Medical School Acceptance Forum

Congratulations to the class of 2010!

samenewme: Medical College of Wisconsin

racerx: Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine

racerx: Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, SUNY Upstate

WoooooHoooooo!!! Go Denise & Ian!!! Let’s have an update on y’all & anyone else applying for acceptance in 2006…class of 2010.

racerx: Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, SUNY Upstate, LECOM (I cannot ignore the in-state tuition differential, so SUNY Upstate it is! I have withdrawn my applications at all other schools. Sorry Dave, I know you were pulling for KCOM , but my wife can transfer her current job if I go Upstate)

Ian,
The only critical point was for you to get in - all else is gravy! I am not in the least offended or otherwise that you have chosen SUNY. Even though I am very loyal to KCOM, had one of my in-state schools admitted me, I would have to have chosen to go there. I am thankful that is not how it transpired because I would have missed the wonderful experience I had thru KCOM. But, you need to do what is best for you & your family. We will still be colleagues.

Quote:

racerx: Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine

Soo far for me: LECOM-PA and VCOM!!

racerx: Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, SUNY Upstate, LECOM
pseudomonas: LECOM-PA, VCOM

racerx: Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, SUNY Upstate, LECOM
literacycoach: SUNY Upstate

Congrats!!!

Congrats! Looks like we already have our first set of classmates @ SUNY Upstate.

Quote:

Congrats! Looks like we already have our first set of classmates @ SUNY Upstate.

It would be nice to start a local chapter of OPM there. I also know of another old fart (I don’t think he frequents this forum much) that has been accepted too. That’s 3 for this next class, and I’m sure there may be more. SUNY Upstate seems to really value the life experiences of us older folks.

Ian

leia23: USUHS

Congrats!

Quote:

I really love seeing that! Congratulations everyone!

Quote:

Quote:

pseudomonas: LECOM-PA, VCOM, KCUMB, PCSOM

I really love seeing that! Congratulations everyone!

Congratulations to everyone on their early acceptances to medical school!
Love,
Stacy

Well, I’ve been sitting on this for a few weeks to be sure it wasn’t just a dream or oops on their part, but I guess since I’ve got the paperwork in my hands now it’s time to share that I’ve been accepted. Thanks to all of OPM for the support!
Larry

larry: U of MN

WOOHOO, LARRY!
You’ve been sitting on this for a few WEEKS? My behind would catch fire!

Congratulations Larry!!!

Doesn’t it feel good to have that paper in your hands? CONGRATULATIONS!!