2006 OPM Medical School Acceptance Forum

Awesome! Congrats!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I just got a call from my wife a few hours ago with the news that I`ve been accepted to University of Cincinnati . A triple bonus for me since she is currently on another continent and because I can put my MCAT physics review books away. Not gloating just really happy right now.
Congratulations to everyone else out there who has been accepted!!!
For those applicants who have not heard as well as everyone else in the process you should take heart. If I can get in I truly think that everyone here can do it.

Congrats, Damon! It’s such a relief to be accepted, isn’t it? Cinci is a great school.

Yea, congratulations!

Congrats!

Way to go Damon!!!

Nice!

Damon,
Congratulations! You’re now a medical student! Feels pretty good, doesn’t it? What are your plans for the rest of the semester and summer? Hope you get some time to relax.
Gina

Hey,
Thanks for all the congrats and please allow me to give my congratulations to everybody else out there who have received interviews and/or acceptances. For everybody else at various places in the process, keep on chugging. For me it was about an 8 year process from conception of the idea of going to medical school to being accepted. Sometimes it seemed like it would never happen but here I am. It definitely feels good although I know it’s just the beginning of another long journey. As for my plans, right now I’m in Bolivia helping with a study looking at the effects of high altitude on the health of both the mothers and newborns in a group of indegenous women and those who have european ancestry. I’ll be here for two more months and then it’s back to Cinci and my lab there where I’ll work till school starts. If things work out my wife and I will go visit a friend in Holland this summer. Work is fun though and doesn’t really seem like work so it is no big deal. Plus right now I’m still really happy that I don’t have to retake the MCAT that I have a little buzz.
Later

Congrats!!! (I got my first rejection letter today - an ambivalent boohoo)

Congratulations to everyone!!!

Congrats!

samenewme: Medical College of Wisconsin
racerx: Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine, SUNY Upstate, LECOM
pseudomonas: LECOM-PA, VCOM
literacycoach: SUNY Upstate
leia23: USUHS
larry: U of MN
dmaes (Damon): University of Cincinnati
sonata_op53 (Lu): Des Moines University and AZCOM
Finally, I can add my name to this list! I am SO EXCITED!!!

Congrats to everyone! Make sure you keep posting here about your experiences.

Lu, congratulations! It is awfully exciting to see this impressive list.
Mary

Congratulations to everyone who has their acceptance in hand!
I am so pleased to see so many of our OPM members becoming able to continue towards fulfilling their goals!

Wow! Congratulations everyone!

Congrats everyone!! I’m sure this won’t be the last time we see any posts here

I am extremely proud of each & every one of you!!!
CONGRATS!
Now, hold onto your shorts because the ride only gets more chaotic from here. If I may suggest, invest the remainder of your time prior to matriculation in family, friends & R&R. Read that stack of pleasure books sitting on your shelf since you started UGrad/post-bacc. Go for walks, hikes & bike rides…and if you do not have a regular exercise program, START ONE with the solid mindset of maintaining it throughout med school - I wish to hell I had done the latter.