2011 AAMC appplicant data

For those who look at statistics, the AAMC for class of 2011 is now out

AAMC 2011 Class Data

43,919 total applicants to 19,230 first year “enrollees” making a 43% matriculation rate or 2.32 applicants per first year enrollee seats

Hi gonnif

thanks for putting these on. Is there a way to know how this compare with previous year. I mean, are there more seats or more applicants per seat as the years go on?

Anyone knows?

Thanks again for putting these out. Greatly appreciated.

That’s not bad. I think it will get better as well because there will be less applicants considering the consistent rise in tuition and a gloomy economy.

• redo-it-all Said:
Hi gonnif

thanks for putting these on. Is there a way to know how this compare with previous year. I mean, are there more seats or more applicants per seat as the years go on?

Anyone knows?

Thanks again for putting these out. Greatly appreciated.

Seek and thou shall find

If you look upper right corner of the original link you will find a summary that includes comparisons of the past several years.

AAMC 2011 Enrollment Data

Btw, for allopathic schools, the number of available seats is growing at a faster rate than the number of applicants,

Almost any possible data (with the glaring exception of age-based data, likely for legal implications) for MD, DO, and NRMP can be as below

AAMC (MD) Applicants and Matriculants

Use link above and look at upper left of screen for additional links to MD/PhD data and ERAS (allopathic residency)data

AACOM (DO) data

NRMP (allopathic) residency data (note open to MD and DO

Hi Gonnif

well, this is awesome. I have looked and indeed, during the past 3 years, enrollment has increased at a faster pace than applications. Hopefully the trend will continue.

Overall, 40+% chances to make it represent very decent odds (even though, as you have said, they do not apply specifically to OPMs). Yet I will keep this number in mind to help me cope with the numerous difficulties and uncertainties during this crazy journey.

Woohoo! A shoutout to my fellow 0.2% of matriculants 51 years or older!!!

Kate

Chances of being accepted if you never give up?

100%

As Judy Colwell has said, if you dont ask, they cant say yes.