3yrs

Hi to everyone. I found this website a few weeks ago and it has been very motivating and inspirational. I pondered the thought of becoming a physician for years, but as most of you know it’s not always an easy decision to make. When family is involved its not something you jump into blindly. It was a family affair with my wife and son, who is 11 by the way, and took at least 3 yrs of research and planning to finally take the plunge. I’m in my 2yr of undergrad and I’m enjoying every minute of it. Can’t wait to see what the future holds.

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”-Albert Pine

Paul

Welcome to OPM, Paul! Glad to have you here. Congrats on taking the plunge and congrats on being in your 2nd yr of undergrad and still passionate about your education. I love your quote as well.

You will find many like-minded dedicated people on this forum who are supportive and at many different stages of this journey. It’s a great place to offer advice, get advice, complain, freak out, rejoice, laugh, and cheer each other on!

Good to have you aboard.

-Shannon, 36 y/o pre-med and mom, working on BS in Biology, applying for 2014 matriculation

Thanks Shannon, glad to finally get to talk to pre-meds who are my age and have families. I appreciate the welcome and look forward to talking with everyone.

Paul

Hello and welcome!