40 year old just starting college

hi, my dream is to become a medical doctor. Could not due to finances. I have decided to start at a community college transfer to 4 year college for balance of 2 years.I will be starting in september. Have anyone ever done so and get accepted into med school. I plan on taking all my pre-reqs, have started studying. Basic chemistry,physics, biology along with algebra and trigonometry. Did all those in school at advance stages in the caribbean but I hknow I have to again. Am I on the right track? Would like to here from those who have done it and also in the process of doing it. I do not qualify for financial aid, so I have to do it alone.

You’ll probably here pros and cons about this route, but when it comes down it, it is a personal decision. Just make sure that you strive to get the best grades you can and when you get to the university, take more advanced science classes.

Best of luck!

Kris

Drdee -

Are you sure you don’t qualify for any financial aid? I didn’t think I would be able to get any because I already had a bachelor’s and master’s, but I was able to get federal loans to take my pre-reqs. Also - even if you aren’t eligible for federal loans, you may be able to borrow from a private lender if your credit is good.