5/28 MCAT

Hey I think you can do better, too. I know I can. I’m not making excuses here…but in my opinion, that test was an outlier for me. I was literally shocked by how much harder and different it was than the practice tests I’d taken. Honestly, to me it was a tough, crazy version of the MCAT. And seriously, have you heard of people scoring much lower than their Kaplan diagnostic—after taking the prep course and studying like crazy? So…I’m going to find a physics tutor and spend the next month focusing on passage-based questions.

Remember the movie Better Off Dead? Reese Witherspoon and her sister burned her MCAT scores from her first attempt? She did better the next time…and got in. So I’m going to print mine and burn it with friends this weekend Fresh start!

I thought Better Off Dead was a John Cusack movie… I want my $2!

I’ve read over and over that the best predictors of your MCAT score are the AAMC tests, particularly the later ones. Kaplan’s tests are harder, but are scored with an easier curve.

Take that with a grain of salt, since I didn’t score anywhere near my AAMC test scores.