a lil' OPM motivation

Hello friends,

lately I have been feeling more and more FUD from my OPM friends. Here are the facts…getting into medical school is hard, getting through medical school and GME is tough. Everyone knows someone with amazing stats and ec’s that have gotten into med school… With that said, I ask, how productive are you to focus on the difficulties of getting into medical school.??? What if you were to convert that wasted energy into thing s you can control…studying…seeking out clinical opportunities that will lead to an awesome letter of rec…volunteering with an organization that you are PASSIONATE about…my rant is simple…focus not on what you can not control but place your efforts into being the best you can be at what you can control. Worrying and fear take one problem and make it two problems…wouldnt you rather attack the one problem???

Love it, love it, love it!!! I fully agree! As a social scientist, one thing I know for sure is that a pattern of thought can CREATE a feeling. The quickest way to change that, is to change the pattern of thought. “Said the little engine that could!!”

I have a question regarding acronyms

What does “FUD” stand for?

I’ve seen it a few times and on other forums but I can’t, for the life of me, think of what it could stand for.

Thanks!

Greg

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt…We are our own worst enemies!!!

• celticdoc2016 Said:
Hello friends,

lately I have been feeling more and more FUD from my OPM friends. Here are the facts....getting into medical school is hard, getting through medical school and GME is tough. Everyone knows someone with amazing stats and ec's that have gotten into med school... With that said, I ask, how productive are you to focus on the difficulties of getting into medical school.??? What if you were to convert that wasted energy into thing s you can control....studying....seeking out clinical opportunities that will lead to an awesome letter of rec...volunteering with an organization that you are PASSIONATE about...my rant is simple....focus not on what you can not control but place your efforts into being the best you can be at what you can control. Worrying and fear take one problem and make it two problems...wouldnt you rather attack the one problem?????

That is the rational way to go. If I can only be more rational......