A short introduction

Hey guys,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the crowd! My name is Robert from Chicago and am currently pursuing a career change to medicine. I am super excited about everything that has been going on and think it’s wonderful that there is a community dedicated to nontraditionals.

I hold a B.A. in Photography but currently spend most of my time developing websites. I have also spent a great deal of time in both the photo retouching world as well as editing hundreds of thousands of wedding photographs (that isn’t a typo). And trust me, I wouldn’t suggest doing either of these. The advertising world is horrible and now, because of my exposure to wedding photos, I’m afraid to get married.

Needless to say, I’m ready for a change, and just like many of you guys out there, medicine is something I have dabbled with and thus gravitated towards.

I have met with multiple former professors and other professionals and they have all agreed that this is a smart path to take. I graduated with a 3.4 and have already taken calc, so I passed those two hurdles on my way to a post bac. I have already applied to Loyola’s program and am working on the UIC and IIT applications.

I am super excited to start and would love to hear any advice in regards to applying to post bac programs!

Also, if you guy’s haven’t already seen, I am going to try and get the mentor program up and running. I have the knowledge and the time, as of right now, and really want to see this thing get off the ground! So if anyone out there knows PHP, MySQL, or JavaScript, hit me up!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful New Years,

Rob

Hey Rob - there’s also a postbac program at Dominican University in Chicago if you haven’t applied there yet. And welcome!!

Kate

Welcome!!

• Kate429 Said:
Hey Rob - there's also a postbac program at Dominican University in Chicago if you haven't applied there yet. And welcome!!

Kate

I think Dominican is in the suburbs and if so, it would take me hours to get there unless I had a car

I may apply just in case, doesn't hurt, right?

Thanks Kate!