AAMC Test 9

I’m sorry you felt like you had a bad day carrie. That being said that test can leace you feeling bad and you score over 30 and feeling good and you score below 25. So I would take your test day feelings with a grain of salt, I think it is a lot of emotional release and the idea that you have been preping so long so how can they sneek anything past you…but they can. Take a few days off, then if possible get your apps ready for what I am sure will be a fine score.

What Redo said.

I felt like crying afterwards. I tried to schedule another exam, but I wrote the first one at the end of July so I could only schedule on the last day which was full and which I realistically told myself I wouldn’t be able to study anymore for it anyway because I was starting my Masters Aug 1. So I waited, feeling defeated and miserable, and since I had already applied I was receiving secondaries. Very hard to get up the enthusiasm to do a great job completing secondaries when you feel like the MCAT you took was a waste. But then I got my scores and it was much better than I thought - higher than the practice tests I had taken by one point, and well balanced. All was well with the world again.

By all means book a second test date out past the date you get your scores back, but unless you are doing to figure out what you did wrong, and adjust your study habits and study differently between now and then, I would just wait it out.

It’s an awful wait so distract yourself.

Take care and may this month fly by for you.

Lynda

Carrie-

I felt like $.03 when I left that place yesterday. I was surprised by some of the passages; found myself guessing more than I was used to doing.

It is pretty disappointing to put months of hard work into that, and still walk out feeling like you failed.

When I first left I felt nauseated, then sad, really sad, confused, and then a little better after dinner and a beer with my wife.

One thing I can say; I slept like a baby last night. I think my mind accepted I may have underperformed, and turned the sign in the window to, “Sorry, we’re closed!”

carrie and olderguy, i had the same feelings as you guys exactly one year ago when i took my MCAT. if it makes you feel any better, many people come out of that test feeling defeated only to be pleasantly surprised after 30 days. so get ready for the one month of torture waiting.

on another note: on the 1 year anniversary of my MCAT, i threw away all my MCAT study materials! haha, felt good. getting ready to move soon and there’s no reason to keep them. they were all marked up with my wrong answers anyways. i need to replace them with USMLE Step 1 books!

Thanks guys–I know I’m not alone here. It’s certainly a good feeling.

I think the most frustrating thing is that what I’m really good at (Gen Chem) was almost completely omitted from my exam. Almost like they looked in my head and said, “oh, she’s good at that–let’s test her on the really random stuff she knows nothing about.”

From every practice test I’d taken and everyone I’d talked to, I expected at least half that section to be material I was good at. And it just simply wasn’t there.

I don’t even know how to wrap my brain around what happened. I can literally see myself getting like a 12 or 13 on verbal, an almost perfect writing score, and 7’s on the science sections. It felt that crummy…

I just hope luck was with me and my guesses were good.

If I were the people who made this test, I would offer folks the opportunity to get their scores back the same day for a fee…all of us “Type A” personalities? Yeah, they’d make a fortune… because this wait is going to turn every hair on my head gray. The problem is, I just kinda know that the outcome won’t be good enough for the school I really want to go to.

My sister reminded me that I took my ACT twice before college. The first time, I was uber nervous and made a 28. I took it 2 months later and made a 34. An almost perfect score. Then I went to college for free. Maybe I’m just destined for a calmer retake?

I appreciate all your support more than you know. Just keep all your fingers and toes crossed that luck was with me…