AMCAS question

For you all that have applied before, do you have to list every single college you have ever attended? 2 of mine go all the way back to 1989.

is there a limit on how far back they go?

thank you

• In reply to:
For you all that have applied before, do you have to list every single college you have ever attended? 2 of mine go all the way back to 1989.

is there a limit on how far back they go?

Yes, you have to list every college you've ever attended AND submit transcripts from all schools. Unfortunately, there is no limit. However, honesty is the best policy. If you were to not list all of your coursework now, and it was discovered later, it would be considered academic dishonesty.

Thank you…thats what i thought too…

i have five transcript requests going out today plus a call in to two military schools for transcripts. ugghh, the amount of time to enter all those course is going to kill me.

I had to get my Community College of the Air Force transcripts and enter in two pages of military training courses that didn’t have squat to do with my application and didn’t affect my grade at all - but every course I have ever taken was on the application - pages and pages of them. Not fun!

Every single one, including any college credits earned during high school.

Cheers,

Judy

the worst part is i just realized that i have to type in everything twice by applying to the DO schools as well as the MD schools. Wonder how i am going to take the mcat with carpal tunnel. LOL

Be sure to work from formal college transcripts, not informal, as that is what AMCAS/AACOMAS will be using to verify your transcript information.

Cheers,

Judy

ok, stupid question…what’s the difference between formal and unofficial/official

formal is a copy you have requested from your schools registrar. Informal would be the yearly/semester grad sheets you may get online from the school. You may also have the ability to go online and get a copy of your transcripts marked “copy” or “unofficial” or “student use.” While these are usually accurate, you should request (an pay for) an official copy sent to you. That way you will see exactly what AMCAS will see.