AMCAS question

I was just looking over some dates on the AMCAS page. It lists June 29th as the “First data transmission to medical schools”. Does this mean, as I suppose, that schools are not able to access any applicant information until this date?

Yeah, basically there is a period of time between when you submit and when they will transmit. During that period they ae verifying your app, looking at grades MCAT scores ect. So probably the folks who submit June one will be in that June 29 batch.

NICE! I was so worried that I would be a bit behind the curve with my May 24th MCAT. I know it isn’t really that late, just trying to be as competitive as possible.

Thanks Bailey!

I’ll be taking the MCAT with you! 3 weeks to go…not quite sure if I should be excited or terrified about that! Doing ok (not phenomenal, but acceptable) on practice exams, but still hoping to improve significantly between now and then.

Good luck!

• radardenny Said:
I was just looking over some dates on the AMCAS page. It lists June 29th as the "First data transmission to medical schools". Does this mean, as I suppose, that schools are not able to access any applicant information until this date?

Yes, that's exactly what it means. This is a change this year (I don't believe it happened last year). Previously, AMCAS would begin transmitting early in June on a rolling basis. Now they are giving med schools a bit of a breather between getting the incoming class settled and new applications coming in.

Cheers,

Judy