Any Pre-Meds in Vancouver?

Hi,
I’m new to this forum, and I was wondering if there are any pre-med moms out here in Vancouver. It would be great to get in touch with someone.

I don’t know if you are still there but I am planning to attend SFU this fall (2005). I don’t have any kids but I have cats who are ‘like’ my kids. I am an RN and I am OLD-44 to be exact. I will be 45 when I officially begin this journey. Tell me about your background. Are you at UBC or SFU or a college? How close are you to applying to Med school? Where will you apply? Which program is your first choice? Second? Third? Have you discovered which programs welcome us oldpremeds? I’m glad there’s another one out there in Vancouver like me. I look forward to your reply.
Sincerely,
Gina.

Hi Gina,
I’m so glad to hear from you. I will be applying to UBC Med School next year. I’m planning to take the MCAT in April 2006. I have two kids and my youngest will start Grade 1 this fall, so I will be able to devote more time to studying.I did my pre-meds in the US, and have been waiting all this time to apply. I would love to get in touch with you. What will you be taking at SFU ? You can email me at sabinakk@hotmail.com if you like, it would be great to have someone to study with.

Hey Gina and Sabina
I am so glad to hear that there are premeds in Vancouver! I am applying to McMaster either this fall or next fall (or both) I would love to chat or talk more with you guys. My email address is brendaogembo@yahoo.com. Feel free to email and get in touch so we can encourage each other
Cheers
Brenda