Anybody want to create a FAQ sticky?

I’ve noticed that a lot of new poster (and I would include myself in this category) ask question that have been exhaustively answered in previous threads. Because many new-poster topics are overkill to seasoned posters they (although posing important questions) do not receive much attention.

I was thinking we could work together to create a FAQ (“Look here first”) thread and pin it to the top of the page. This could draw on the experience of posters who’ve already been through the process and synthesize answers to commonly asked questions.

I would propose including topics like, CC v. 4-year, low uGrad GPA, post-bac v. do-it-yourself, “am I too old?”, etc…

Does anyone think this is a good idea?

Let me know.

I think it sounds like a great idea. Each time I see these repetitions appear, I wonder if the new member will get frustrated by a lack of replies to his/her question. I committed the same taboo simply because I was unfamiliar with the site. And, the site has become complex enough that one can easily spend months lurking before getting comfortable with the format and the content. Some of these most common questions would be well placed if grouped together.

Hmmm…I guess we’re the only ones. The response has been, otherwise, pretty tepid. Ironically, the latest thread on CC has 12 replies.

I think this is a great idea as well. I am new on this site and I’m going crazy with so many worries about going to med school. Simple questions as such as extremely important to us newcomers.

I could have sworn I saw one once upon a time. Hmmmm.

The Board of Directors has been trying to get an FAQ section that will work, for some time. We know it’s getting harder and harder to find and sort through stuff. Stay tuned. We’re working on it.

Mary