Anyone heard of Path2Med.com????

Hi

Has anyone ever heard of the site Path2Med.com?

Apparently it’s an informational/advising resource dedicated entirely to nontraditional premed students. I just want to know if anyone else has used their information or services?

I checked them out a bit and their “PremedGuide” has all kinds of information…on the different healthcare fields, figuring out your overall plan of action (i.e. balancing family/work), how to improve your GPA, etc.

I downloaded their free eBook and it looks pretty solid. They offer personalized advising too so I just want to know if anyone here has used or benefitted from the information on the site? And what was your experience like?

Thanks!

~NN

Hey NN

Glad you found us. I haven’t spoken directly to anyone who has used this site, but the Professor who runs it, Dr. Victoria C. Ukachukwu, Ph.D., seems to have a long background in educational and premed work. Certainly not too many advisors are Vice-Deans of a College and Director of a Post-Bacc. Her pricing structure seems a little atypical for this field but makes sense as time is money. Since I believe that you are completely new to this, you may want to look around at our site as well as others and get some idea of what the process is and what you need, etc.

On the other hand if you are committed to this and the program above “flat fee” covers you until you are accepted, that would be a steal, assuming you are getting good advice. Since there aren’t many advisors very experienced with non-trads, this may a good site.

Keep us informed and let us know how your journey is going.

A quick look and google search makes me somewhat leery of their offerings. Still, I can’t quite place my finger on what irks me, and if you have direct information that suggests legitimacy to the site, that’d far outweigh me. Their prices do seem very reasonable for what they claim to offer.

One wonders if it’s a conflict of interest for someone currently actively involved in the admissions process to be selling advice on it.

Personally, I’m leery, but I’m very willing to be proven wrong.

• pi1304 Said:
A quick look and google search makes me somewhat leery of their offerings. Still, I can't quite place my finger on what irks me, and if you have direct information that suggests legitimacy to the site, that'd far outweigh me. Their prices do seem very reasonable for what they claim to offer.

One wonders if it's a conflict of interest for someone currently actively involved in the admissions process to be selling advice on it.

Personally, I'm leery, but I'm very willing to be proven wrong.

In this case , the professor is involved in a post-bacc not actual medical school admissions. I don't see the conflict so long as those in the post-bacc program are not paid clients. I am going to invite the professor who runs the site to post as I consider making students aware of sites, services, or products that may help them in their journey to medical school a core mission of OPM. This would be the equivalent of getting a business card from a someone, but I am just having done on the web forum for all to see.