Application Season 2013-2014

Interview Invite!

Heading out next week for interview @ my linkage school.

Time to bust out the suit and see if it still fits!

• dnelsen Said:
Interview Invite!

Heading out next week for interview @ my linkage school.

Time to bust out the suit and see if it still fits!

Great news! Best of luck!

Submitted! Wow! I cannot believe at am at this point in my journey. Feel a little like puking and a little like crying (w/ joy and pride).

Best of luck to all of us applying this year. We should all be very proud for getting to this point. It’s pretty freaking amazing, isn’t it?

Congrats Shannon!!

dnelsen congrats. This is wonderful news.

Shannon, you are on your way. Best of luck

Didn’t make it this past year, re-applying this year. At present only applying to my state school instead of the 25+ I did last year.

Having gone through everything once does make the second time around a bit less intense.

Shannon: I’m so very nervous! Everything is in sans the MCAT score (July 25th test date). I submit AMCAS this Friday. I’m confident about the application and I know there will be a “sigh” of relief. On the the other hand, I know this process is just beginning.

Prodigal: I know it must be tough to go through the cycle again, but, don’t let that stop you from powering ahead. You got this!

Well, I submitted AMCAS today. Much later than I planned, but after the OPM conference I made a lot of improvements to my application. Hope it does the job!

Accepted!

I guess the interviews for linkage (and state) school went well because I was accepted today and will start this August.

I guess I’m skipping the line a but but regardless the best of luck to the rest of you this cycle!

D

dnelsen, so you interviewed a month ago or so and you will start this August? That was quite fast.

Well congrats! What school are you going to attend?

Submitted last Thursday, 25 schools and $1,000 … whew!

My MCAT score (which I got today, a 33) feels like a bit of a setback given that I want to do MD/PhD, but there’s nothing I can do about it now. Just focus on secondaries and (fingers crossed) interviews.

My acceptance was via the linkage program offered through my postbacc program. You apply in May, interview in June and start in August. You skip the application cycle but you are locked into that school. I mean you could reject the link but it is in poor taste.

I interviewed Friday and was accepted today so it moves very, very fast.

I am going to Stony Brook-SOM. It is my state school and in a good location for my family which was why I went for the linkage (among other reasons).

dnelsen

well all worked for the best. My congratulations again. This is fantastic. Enjoy the ride and keep posting about your journey.

Congratulations dnelson. That’s awesome!

That’s great, Lorien! I have faith it will go well!

Licia

So excited to read of everyone’s progress! I’m so proud of you guys.

Hang on…this ride is crazy. But it goes by quickly! I’m starting school three weeks from Monday, and I’m still not sure how that happened.

Just breathe!

Lorien…I’ll email you ASAP, but girl I have to encourage you. My MCAT was below average. My # of schools was ill advised… And I still got into 2 out of 3 programs. Remember that statistics are just numbers. “Average score” means half fall above…half fall below. You are going to be fine. Don’t get caught up in a stat…you’ve done everything right. I know at least one program that has already been courting you all year. You’re running your own race… You have a lot to stand on.

Best of luck to each of you!!

While I have been at this for several years now (started my post-bac in fall 2010), I must say that this application business is unlike anything else! As I mentioned before, I submitted a couple weeks ago, 25 schools, and already have a half-dozen secondaries. I don’t mind the essays so much, especially the ones that I can really connect with in terms of my background etc., but what frustrates me is the need to reenter so much information that is already on my AMCAS application. sigh Just part of the process, I know.

I’m trying to stay as organized as possible, keeping a spreadsheet on everything I need to do with deadlines, folders for each school in my e-mail account (an e-mail account I set up ONLY for medical school related stuff so I wouldn’t miss anything), bookmarks for important Web pages for each school (home page, admissions, MD/PhD, research departments), and so on.

It’s overwhelming, but SO exciting!

Lorien:

It really is pretty exciting. For me, it is a good break from MCAT studying. While I am waiting for AMCAS to get verified, I have received 2 secondaries thus far. I try and get them turned around in less than 72 hours. I feel I don’t, it will be one more thing over my head.

Recently, I changed my MCAT date (practice scores were abysmal). I just needed to buckle down and FOCUS. I think I am in a good position - the test is August 15th. While having a diverse background is great, this MCAT score could be the “nail in the coffin!”

It is an EMOTIONAL roller coaster that I am enjoying.

Cheers,

TJ

P.S. - I am typing this from the second floor of the West Hollywood library; a beautiful view that I wish I could fully enjoy!

redo-it-all,

Do you have some time to look over a personal statement?

Thanks,

It may not be medical school, but I submitted my ERAS application for Critical Care Fellowship.

3 programs in the area, since the boss stated that there be NO more moving.