application

I am not sure if this has been answered in any of the forums. I have 4 more lab(Bio and orgo labs) to complete tentatively in the summer of 2018 and fall 2018. I plan to spend spring 2018 to prepare for the MCAT, so no classes ( i work 60 hours a week);MCAT -May 2018. From the MSAR, i noticed most of the schools close their primary application by nov/early dec. My final prerequisites will be completed fall 2018. Would I be at a disadvantage for 2019 application cycle? I read in one of the forums I could still apply by June 1st even though I wouldn’t have all my prerequisites. Any input will be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Prereqs are just required to be completed prior to matriculation. You can apply and even be accepted without finishing them on the condition that you do so before school starts. You may be at a disadvantage when it comes to MCAT prep, but that’s about it.

I think there may be a caveat that you complete the courses with grades similar to what you’ve been getting (like you don’t get a C- in those classes after accepted when you’ve been getting As before then).

1 Like

Thank you.

Thank you.

You can still apply early (you enter the anticipated courses as future classes) but there might be a few disadvantages nonetheless.

1. Schools won’t see those grades in your processed application–they won’t have the actual evidence that you’ve completed them with good grades while they’re reviewing your application to decide whether or not to interview you.
  2. If your GPA needs boosting you won’t have the chance to use those grades to build the GPA.
  3. You won’t have those classes prior to taking the MCAT.

Cheers,

Liza
1 Like