Are you planning to attend the 2006 OPM Conference

I think that is a great idea, and I would definitely buy one if they were reasonably priced.

Oh, I understand that OPM finances are the most important thing in determining where the conference is held. DC seems like a great place for it anyway (I went in 2003 and was most impressed!). I’m really grateful that we have the conference at all, not to mention the website.
I was just pointing out that OPM has become popular all over the country, and who knows, maybe in the future the situation will be such that the conference could rotate between a few different cities.

You all know I was planning to attend, so this is nothing new. BUT. . . I finally got around to registering, sent in my registration fee, AND made my hotel reservations. I decided to treat myself well this year, so Zane and I will have a suite. Great place for evening get togethers.
If you haven’t yet registered, PLEASE go ahead and get it done. It helps if we have an idea of how many attendees we will have. AND if you haven’t made your hotel reservations yet, you might want to go ahead and get it done so you’ll be assured of the great rates!
Hope to see lots of you there. Can’t wait for June!
Linda

Absatively. I will be there. Come hell, highwater or exams.
Leah
Looking forward to seeing y’all.

Quote:

I’m sure you guys have thought about this, but I thought I would mention it anyway. With my insurance agency I do a lot of seminars. I have actually turned one of them into a video series for people who can’t attend, or who would rather just receive the information at home. I did this with a camcorder, a lapel mic, and one light. It turned with acceptable quality, it’s certainly not professional grade, however it serves my purpose. I send the tape to a video dubbing facility which dubs them into vhs, or dvd’s. Have you ever though about doing something like this with your conference? I won’t go into the details, but assuming the guest speakers don’t want too much of the pie, you can take pre-orders so you don’t wind up with a closet full of dvd’s or videos. They can be sold for a profit of course as a little bit of a fund raiser.

I would buy too.
I’m considering shelling out the money for it if I can work out the logistics. I might be doing a ACS (cancer society) function volunteering at a camp that weekend. I wish I had someone to split a room with! I have a friend that lives in DC so maybe I can stay with her.

Quote:

I would buy too.
I’m considering shelling out the money for it if I can work out the logistics. I might be doing a ACS (cancer society) function volunteering at a camp that weekend. I wish I had someone to split a room with! I have a friend that lives in DC so maybe I can stay with her.

fyi, I tried to book a room on Sunday, and apparently the block is full… the website gave a name to contact via email (Azza), so I’m trying to work it out with her. I did some priceline/travelocity/etc research just in case, and found some pretty competitive rates at a couple other hotels that are within 1-3 blocks of the Sheraton.

This sounds wrong. I don’t think we’ve even met our minimum yet (when we meet the minimum number of hotel reservations for the conference, the EC usually does a big happy dance and cheers and yells and you’d probably hear it.) Sometimes the hotel reservation system has a little brain cloud and the long-suffering Jeff Petersen has to call the hotel and get it straightened out, and that’s probably what happened.
Jeff, will you please fix it?

I hope it’s wrong! I had seen Dave post on SDN that the block was about 1/2 full, and then when I tried it 2 days later, it wouldn’t let me reserve. I was surprised it would have filled up that fast. Plus, I had played around with options like king vs 2 doubles and smoking vs non- but no luck.

edit- Just tried again this morning, and it let me reserve. It said that there are only rooms with one king bed left. But I’m in! Now just need a plane ticket… oh- and to register for the actual conference!

Sometimes their reservation system has hiccups but we still have a few rooms available but they are going fast! SO IF YOU HAVE NOT YET MADE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS PLEASE DO SO ASAP!!!

Hotel Reservations

Ok, I just found a $200 flight to DC for the non-trad conference in June. I will probably go if I can find someone to split a room with. Only thing is that I’m only staying thurs and friday night, the stipulation is that if I leave sat night I save $300 on flights So yeah, I’m going to leave Sat night. Anyone wanting to split a room with a married 27 y/o female?

Just booked my room. They didn’t have any more dbl bed rooms so I got a king sized bed for me and my two brats that are tagging along again.
Oh, BTW, the brats say to be ready for them to harass you about the raffle.

Well…sorta bad news…I am bummed about it. My ‘girls’ will not be able to accompany me on this trip to DC It seems I waited too long to make plane reservations, which caused my freq flier mile requirement to double & I simply do not have enough miles to cover all 3 tickets. So, I will be doing the DC run bachelor style.

This is the time of year when the Board and Executive Council have panic attacks about conference attendance. We don’t have a late registration penalty, so I realize you have no incentive to register early. But we need our beauty sleep so please register now so we can get some rest! Your money won’t get any greener!
Register here!
Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you! It’ll be a great conference.

Quote:

This is the time of year when the Board and Executive Council have panic attacks about conference attendance. We don’t have a late registration penalty, so I realize you have no incentive to register early. But we need our beauty sleep so please register now so we can get some rest! Your money won’t get any greener!

Register here!

Thanks for your support and we look forward to seeing you! It’ll be a great conference.

Ok, Ok, FINE!!! I just registered.

P.S. You don’t need any beauty sleep… OMD on the other hand…

Register here!

Quote:

You don’t need any beauty sleep… OMD on the other hand…

For OMD to = beauty would require a hell of a lot more than sleep! Only way would be through “bright lights & cold steel”!!
Seriously, GET OFF OF YOUR DUFFS & REGISTER!

Quote:

Seriously, GET OFF OF YOUR DUFFS & REGISTER!

Okay, okay already! It’s done!
Mush- we can talk about the room situation. PM me.