Celebrations II

biggrin.gif Theresa! I'm so excited & nervous for you! I believe you can do it! Are you taking the MCAT in Aug or Apr?
laugh.gif Damon! No baby gates! Woo hoo! I know it's great not to worry about diapers.
My 2nd youngest is starting kindergarten this year.
We're easing our youngest into the potty training but he's only 21 mos so we're in no big hurry. His little legs are so short, they dangle when he's sitting on his potty chair!
Hope everyone's having a great week!

I’m celebrating the fact that my husband successfully survived radioablation of his Wolff-Parkinson-White (accessory conduction pathway in the heart leading to tachyarrythmias).
It was supposed to be a chip-shot procedure - an hour they told us - “in and out!”. Instead it was five. The cardiologist ended up with 5 catheters in the heart, with access via right femoral artery and vein, left femoral vein, and right internal jugular vein. My husband had to be cardioverted twice for unstable rhythms during the procedure. They ended up keeping him in the hospital overnight. The next day he took off his shirt to shower and asked, “honey, what are these?”, pointing to the burn marks on his chest and back from the conduction pads ohmy.gif .
Gosh but it’s hard when we’re on the other side of the white coat!

I'm so glad to hear that your husband is okay. That must have been a harrowing experience for you, and him.
Continued luck to you both!
Theresa

Congratulations to everybody for all the good things!!! It's good to read nothing but good things even if I still know that there are not so good things out there.

I’m FINALLY closing on my condo tonight!!! After signing the contract the morning of my departure of a month-long trip in October, 20+ banks not touching the property due to its unusual situation, everything came together, despite 28 inches of snow grinding everything around here to a halt most of the week.
I can’t believe it. biggrin.gif
Tomorrow, I begin demolition. tongue.gif That’s the fun part!
I’m taking my spousal equivalent out to dinner tonight to thank him for putting up with me while I’ve ridden out the ups and downs of this whole process. He is such a champ, and I am the luckiest dame in the world.
cheers,
Vera

I survived the 2nd midterm in OChem II! Unlike the first one (class avg=39!) I actually felt competent this time. The hard work is paying off! (and the tutor, and the review sessions…)
Theresa

biggrin.gif
i'm smiling because it was nice take a few minutes away from thinking of the happenings of the world and realize all we have to celebrate...big and small.
(very hokey)

Okay, this might sound really syrupy right now, but here goes:
I am happy to be finished with OChem!! wink.gif
I am happy to have three healthy children, esp since my job as a pedi home health nurse involves chronically ill children.
I am happy to have a job in this time of depressed economy.
I am happy to be alive, no matter what I look like.
I am happy that this is the year that I finally apply to med school.
I am happy to fight with my unruly children as I attend the funerals of children I have cared for.
I am happy that life has not been so easy. I don’t take things for granted.
I am happy to have found OldPreMeds. This group of people has carried me in times when I didn’t feel I could keep going.
Kathy smile.gif

biggrin.gif
I survived Organic II!!!! I even got out of there with a 'B'!!! This is an accomplishment. Org I was a 'C', and 4 years ago. I debated retaking it ans finally decided to bite the bullet and just move on to Org II. I couldn't be happier with the result. Org is like a foreign language to me, one I'm not very good at!
Now I can move on to Phase II, applying to med school! biggrin.gif blink.gif biggrin.gif
Hope everyone has something to celebrate at the end of this semester!
Theresa

congrats! I have 18 days left till Organic II is over…and counting…

I want to share. I had my gen biology and chem finals yesterday and unless something went horribly wrong, I should get A's in both. That keeps my GPA since deciding to go to medical shool at 4.0. Congrats to everyone that has finished the semester/ quarter and good luck to those who are not quite there.

I survived my Neuroanatomy lab final.
Damn there is a ton of sh!t in the brain!!!
Lecture final is wedn.
Biochem final is Tuesday, Physio (the beast) is Thursday.
My wife went to Costco and got an 18 pack of Icehouse…I wonder if she anticipates a celebration?

I took my last microbiology lab practical last night. All semester I’d been riding the 89 B express, and last night, I got my karma straight and pulled a 94. Wooooooooo-hoooooooooo!
I love beta hemolysis now!
Tomorrow is my last A&P practical over reproduction. My prof hates me now, though. The other day in lab I had a question, so I approached her with my male reroductive model, and said, “Could you look at my penis?” Our relationship just hasn’t been the same. Oh, well. There’s one LOR down the tubes.

Way to go Ash & Joe! There’s nothing like a good final, I always say. wink.gif
After much footwork, we’re celebrating that somehow the stars have aligned for moving our household/home to med school…no small endeavor when one is bringing a husband, his career, two children, a dog, two tanks of fish, furniture, (and a partridge in a pear tree). The new house will be great for this adventure of ours…close to the med school, public schools, etc. Cool! Can’t wait for the move itself and to get settled.
Congrats to everyone who is finishing up the semester…

My first pre-med semester is almost over! I got a 110 out of a possible 110 on my most recent exam, and am sailing into the final with a ca. 97 average. Whee! On the down side, my school is a ± institution, so theoretically a 95 is an A. So I still have to hit the final out of the park (and you don't really get credit for the extra ten points on exams; they're just lagniappe).
But still, I came back to school after a decade of no school, and nothing more rigorous than library science in the years before that, and I'm kicking general chemistry's butt! I know I'll look back on these days with longing when I'm in organic and biology. But darn, it's FUN!