Considering Medical School @29yrs.old

Hello,

my name is Wendy and I am seriously considereing medical school. I am currently working at a local community hospital while attending college fulltime. My current major is Sociology. I just need some general advise.

Thanks!

Well… I’m sorry to say that 29 is MUCH too old to start thinking about Medical School.

:smiley:

Just kidding, of course, I’m 41 and exploring the possibility like you. From what I’ve been able to ascertain here people start Medical School at some very late ages, even in their 50’s.

I just got here, so I don’t have any real advice to give, other than keep doing a lot of research to decide if it’s something you really want to do, because doing it is always possible.

Personally I’m trying to get started on my Pre-med courses as soon as possible, and while I do that I can put even more thought into going all the way.

I’m 35 and will be a OMS-1 in about three weeks. There is a 40 yo in my class. What kind of advice are you looking for?

General Advice: Don’t eat yellow snow.

Pre-med advice: Most of the things that people say are “hard” are really just time consuming and very possible. Try to ignore the majority of the stuff that starts with “Well I heard…”

It’s a very realistic goal and I wouldn’t worry about your age.

Matt1985 said it the best.

Im 27 and I am hoping to apply to a medical school in 2014.

Hopefully this video will give you some insight and encouragement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucSm02u12r0&a mp;fea…

A couple of truisms for you: if it’s really what you want, you’ll find a way…and nothing worth having is easy.

I’m finishing up a degree I started fresh out of high school. I am married to another pre-med hopeful…and we have three children. I’m also 29.

None of that really matters, though. What matters is that in a few years I’ll be able to do what I’ve wanted to do forever.

NEVER too old!!!

Please see : Post#83003