Don't Do it!

As a side note, now that the cat is out of the bag, and I’ve given notice and left my job as an attorney, I’ve found that most aren’t surprised that I am leaving law. By and large, most attorneys are dissatisfied. Of course, they think I am certifiable for wanting to go back to school for this long and rack up more debt. And I can understand, but one thing I really don’t get is that I after explain how I really DON’T like law and really LOVE the medical practice I’ve been lucky to observe…I find that people are always recommending to me to the EASY/NICE LIFESYTLE parts of medicine. I’ve had many recommend Dermatology, and even Podriatry. It’s sort of become a pet peeve of mine, because it makes it clear that the person was not listening to me…I want to do this, because I want to find a career that fulfills me, and within that career, I’m not going to choose specialization according to hours, insurance premiums, insurance reimbursements divorced from whether or not those things are interested to me.

Eeek. My son has been saying he wants to go into law for years. He starts college in 2005 and wants to do a Politcial science of government major. He actually wants to be the president and thinks law will help him get into politics.

I’m sooo sorry. Remember, it’s not (all) your fault.
j/k

Yes we can say that now…but when politicians do badly don’t people always blame the MOM

An attorney who started with me in my law firm - we were all part of the same summer associate class - has taken the same road your son is planning right now. It’s so funny, because the first time, he was going around giving everyone the politician handshake while everyone stayed in their seat and introduced themselves to the others. Right there, I said to my friend, does this guy think he’s the President? Too bad, there’s not a baby in the room that he can kiss." And sure enough, he has very serious political aspirations. He’s working the governmental group of the firm and it helps him get his name out there and make connections.