Dream Anatomies exhibit at NLM

Dear Geezers,
Some of you know my art-meets-medicine background, so you’ll understand that I’m a bit psyched about this exhibit. It’s at the National Library of Medicine in Bethesda. The show consists of old to contemporary anatomical illustrations, photo montages, x-rays, etc.
I’m thinking a field trip is a good idea, but you can see the entire exhibit on-line at:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/dreamana…tomy/index.html
If anyone from OPMs gets to see it in person, please post something here…thanks!

Mary,
Thank you so much for the web-site. What an amazing show! When do you want to go on a field trip? I'm in!!!
Sue

QUOTE (Sue2 @ Dec 2 2002, 03:57 PM)
Mary,
Thank you so much for the web-site. What an amazing show! When do you want to go on a field trip? I'm in!!!!
Sue

What an amazing show! When do you want to go on a field trip? I'm in!!!!

LOL Sue!
If you're serious, yeah, maybe in May or June? Maybe in conjunction with the OPMs DC convention? You could come down as far as our house, and we could drive down to Bethesda/DC from here. Private message me if you want to talk it over. smile.gif

I have yet to get off my duff and walk across the street, but I have heard nothing but good things about this exhibit. If any one wants to combine their trip with a tour of the country's only federally funded med school, just let me know. I'm a ten minute walk away from NIH.
CA

QUOTE (CaptainAmerica @ Dec 10 2002, 05:45 PM)
I have yet to get off my duff and walk across the street, but I have heard nothing but good things about this exhibit. If any one wants to combine their trip with a tour of the country's only federally funded med school, just let me know. I'm a ten minute walk away from NIH.
CA

Hey Folks,
Take Captain America up on his invitation to take a tour of USHUS. It is worth the tour to get a look at the library. It is off the scale. I love the study hutches that you can climb up into. If it turns out we end up at war with Iraq, you might not get another chance.
Natalie tongue.gif

Ooooh, Ahhhh! I’d love to go too!
I’m moving to Fairfax in a few short weeks and so will be a few metro stops away!
I’m definitely keen on the art/science mix since my original major way back when, was Science Illustration! Yup. I’m a soon-to-be-retired Associate Art Director now for several national healthcare publications…and soon to be full-time student once again finishing up the pre-med requirements.
Let me know when we can 'make-it-a-date"!