Effects of mortgage and Financial aid

Well, I called again and he said I had a lot of outgoing debt, but it is like 12k. 1/2 of that is an equity line of credit (which will be paid when we sell–whenever that is). It is both our names (husband and I), Im considering just rolling it over to him so it doesn’t show up for me. I don’t know though, if it is worth it to pay the penalty or if it would negatively affect his credit score when we try to buy a different house in our new state we will live in. I still didn’t think that was a lot of debt, but even more of that should be paid off before I apply for the loans. My thing is that I don’t have a cosigner. They said my hubby couldn’t do it b/c he lives in the same household. My other famiy members are poor so thus have no or poor credit. Im on my own with this one. The thing is, those 2 paid collections are due to come off in a year so Im thinking after getting over this hump, I should be okay. I will do what I can to decrease my debt…that is all I can do. Im also applying for a 10k scholarship from my place of work. Hope I get it!

Thanks for your reply (s), whuds.