Examkrackers Audio CDs?

I have over a year to study for the MCATs but I would like to do something productive now… Has anyone here used Examkrackers MCAT Audio Osmosis CDs? I'll be moving/driving from Seattle to New York in June and I'm thinking it might be a good thing to do on the loooong drive. Looks like it will cost me around $150 for the CDs. Any opinions on it before I plunk down the $$$?
Thanks much.
Jill

QUOTE (seacatch @ May 19 2003, 10:33 AM)
I have over a year to study for the MCATs but I would like to do something productive now... Has anyone here used Examkrackers MCAT Audio Osmosis CDs? I'll be moving/driving from Seattle to New York in June and I'm thinking it might be a good thing to do on the loooong drive. Looks like it will cost me around $150 for the CDs. Any opinions on it before I plunk down the $$$?
Thanks much.
Jill

Hi Jill,
I bought the AO set last December. With an hour one way drive time for work I figured it'd be nice to have. Well I haven't used them much until the last month or so. I really enjoy them. My personal opinion is you should listen to them initially when you can take notes. blink.gif
Below are a just a few of the many posts here in regards to the AO CD's. Check them out and do a search. If you decide to purchase them I think you'll be very satisfied.
http://www.oldpremeds.org/invboard/index.p...hl=examkrackers
http://www.oldpremeds.org/invboard/index.p...hl=examkrackers
Geoff

If you wait until the convention, you can purchase them cheap in a bid.
I am donating mine to OPM for an auction.

I used the cd biology lectures extensively, but not the lectures for the other subjects. I wasn't really able to 'get into' physics or chemistry with just an audio recording. I found myself constantly rewinding when formulas were discussed and ended up getting more frustrated than anything. I'm much more of a visual learner though, and your mileage may vary.
If I had to do the whole 'MCAT study' over again, I would forego the audio osmosis cd's. I do, however, highly recommend the EK books.

Hi Jill,
Examkrackers can send you a FREE CD Sampler and you can listen for yourself to see if it would be of any help. I'm waiting for my sample so I can't really tell you if they're any good or not. Just email admin@examkrackers.com your name, phone #, and address and ask for the sample.
~jenn~

I liked using the CD's while looking at the same material in the EK book -

I use AO a lot. I keep them in the truck and listen to them when driving, when walking the dog, etc… For many subjects, you will also need to review the material first - for the formula-intensive physics, for example, it is nearly impossible to follow along mentally the first time. However, once you have reviewed, it's a great reinforcement.
I listen to the same tape over and over while I am studying those concepts using paper-and-pen, online and whatever other materials I can find. I like having multiple ways to absorb the material.

I was not a big fan of the Audio Osmosis CD's. There was no new material presented that was not already in the lecture books. Sure, it was humorous at times, but that wasn't the point. I was lucky enough to score a pirated version for $50, but I'd still like to have the time back that I spent listening.
Overall, I liked EK and it helped me get a high score, but I wouldn't listen to AO if I had it to do over again.

I utilized all of Examkracker materials and I was happy with the results. After being out of school for 10 years, I studied only the ER materials and ended up with a 30 on the MCAT. The audio CD's are good as long as you are just using them to reinforce what your are studying in the books. I would listen to them while jogging or driving. They did have some humorous ways to remember certain concepts that did come in handy during the MCAT.

QUOTE (727CAPT @ Jun 27 2003, 08:02 PM)
I utilized all of Examkracker materials and I was happy with the results. After being out of school for 10 years, I studied only the ER materials and ended up with a 30 on the MCAT. The audio CD's are good as long as you are just using them to reinforce what your are studying in the books. I would listen to them while jogging or driving. They did have some humorous ways to remember certain concepts that did come in handy during the MCAT.

Examkracker Audio CDs are great but I just can't never listen to them for more than 10 min. while I'm jogging or driving. I had to switch to music later.