Finally, a hello

Sure thing Gingersnaps! I’ll keep you posted. Are you going to the conference next week?

Welcome Gingersnaps! By the way, I know how to make those!!! The closest person in age to me here is Kate429 and she and I think alike in so many ways it is uncanny. I REALLY break it down into little pieces - be on time, pay attention, sit up front, make eye contact with the professor, ask for help, get the phone numbers of the brilliant students, bake them cookies and bribe them with home cooked meals, study, study, KHAN academy, stop, rewind, play it again, and again, try another problem, cry when you forgot to “save” and lose a whole lab. Cry when your tutor no-shows…double back, stay after class, talk to the professor, talk to a TA, ask and ask and ask until you get the answer…Did I say KHAN academy??? Stop, rewind, play again, plug it into a different problem. Once I get the equation RIGHT…copy it over and over until it is in rote in my brain and I can see it, invite a student for coffee and fresh baked pie, ask questions, email your professor, NEVER miss a class, and keep plugging forward…

Line from a movie…“I ain’t dead yet!!!”

should be a doctor by the time I am 57 or 58!!

@Conquer, no I won’t be able to make the conference this year. I live in Ny so the trip wouldn’t be that bad but I would have to bring a very bouncy 5 year old…no me gusta Maybe another time. How about you? You going?

@Vicki, bless my slow witted soul. Took me awhile to get that you were talking about gingersnap cookies, LOL! Listen, please share. I have been trying my hand at making edible meals in this house and cookies might get me extra points with my 19 year old

Thank you for the excellent advice. Believe it or not, I need things broken down to me that way–just like a recipe. I’m going to follow this to a T and I will let you know how it goes.

Hello and welcome!

I’m from Texas as well so I’m hoping to get into a state program vs. private school due to the cost however we’ll see along the road.

My initial plan was to go for a NP program as a final destination but I finally made a decision to proceed with the madness:)

Let us know how did chemstry go for you, I’m planning to take that in the fall along with 2 other classes while working full time and temporarely being a sigle parent ( my husband is deployed for a year). Keep posting.

Same here. I’m looking into state programs due to cost. BTW, are you also here in D.C. for the conference?

I wish I were there. Not yet, maybe next time.