FInally Got the Ball Rolling

So I finally started school again. I could only take one class this semester: a sociology class. I failed it long ago, and have to retake it.

It’s weird being back in school AND applying myself. I never really cared about doing well in school. Now that I do I find myself studying CONSTANTLY. There is virtually never a time when I’m sitting down that I don’t have this textbook open in front of me. I’m at work right now with it open, and every spare second I’m reading it, taking notes, etc.

I’m taking a different approach this time around. I’m teaching myself how to take notes and read textbooks effectively. Got some information off the internet regarding good note-taking practives, and effective reading practices. I’ve heard Organice Chem can be a real killer, so while my class load is light I’m studying when I’m not studying sociology.

…I think I’m a bit obsessive, but I don’t want to screw this up.

I remember feeling the same way, as I was getting back on that horse. Had gone through school, screwed up, etc.

On my return trip, I forced myself to develop better study habits, and I really enjoyed applying myself fully.

Just be sure you don’t burn yourself out. Worry makes an excellent motivator, but it needs to be in controlled doses.

Read your blog rather enjoyed it. Twenty four is still young to get your life on track. Best of luck.

My wife said the same thing regarding burnout, btw. She thinks I’m stressing way too much about one class that’s not very significant compared to the likes of A&P, OChem, etc. I’m just trying to make sure I don’t slip and fall again. I’ve made so many mistakes, and I’ve no intention of making anymore.

Thanks for reading my blog, btw Doc. I appreciate it. I try to be kind of sarcastic and humorous in it because that’s what I really appreciate about people: the ability to take a bad situation and spin it off into something funny. Sometimes it’s my coping mechanism.