Finals week!

Good luck to all who are enduring finals this week and next.

I’m working at the fire department today and have my organic chem final tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. and a physics II final next week. I think my grades should be safe at this point, so that’s the good news.

The MCAT is another matter. I’ve got it coming up on April 5th and am feeling a bit of FUD. I’ve finished the EK bio book and now am working on Physics. My goal is to have all the EK books done by the first week of January, and then start doing practice test and hit my weak areas. I took AAMC 3 for practice and scored in the high 20’s some time ago, hoping I’ll be able to improve on that with enough work. I think the MCAT is the only remaining aspect of my having a decent application, so I feel a huge amount of pressure! April 5th seems close.

Good luck to all you applicants out there, also to those of you with finals over the next few weeks!

Good luck to everyone taking finals this week and next!

Dan - With four months of prep time I think you’ll have things well in hand. Those EK 1000 books are great prep, I know you’ll be fully prepared by the time your test day rolls around.

My most important tip - eat a huge pasta dinner the day before, to ensure a deep food coma and well-rested brain on test day.

• PixieSanders Said:
Good luck to everyone taking finals this week and next!

Dan - With four months of prep time I think you'll have things well in hand. Those EK 1000 books are great prep, I know you'll be fully prepared by the time your test day rolls around.

My most important tip - eat a huge pasta dinner the day before, to ensure a deep food coma and well-rested brain on test day.

I always suggest a polishing off a nearly full bottle of tequilia... oh wait, that's for AFTER finals.
  • gonnif Said:

I always suggest a polishing off a nearly full bottle of tequilia... oh wait, that's for AFTER finals.

There he goes again... suggesting the study of alcohols by actually CONSUMING alcohol...

Trust me--after studying for a 5 chapter organic exam followed by a 13 chapter cumulative final, I will care NOTHING about how alcohols fit into various mechanisms and VERY much about how they go into my stomach.

A fellow OPMer is coming for a visit after finals, and I predict much, much wine consumption.

Good luck everyone--we're almost there!!
  • carrieliz Said:
  • gonnif Said:

There he goes again... suggesting the study of alcohols by actually CONSUMING alcohol...

Trust me--after studying for a 5 chapter organic exam followed by a 13 chapter cumulative final, I will care NOTHING about how alcohols fit into various mechanisms and VERY much about how they go into my stomach.

You make it sound like that is ALL I do ... well I will have you know that there is crispy, thin-crust pizza and really good dark chocolate involved as well
  • gonnif Said:
  • carrieliz Said:
  • gonnif Said:

You make it sound like that is ALL I do ... well I will have you know that there is crispy, thin-crust pizza and really good dark chocolate involved as well

I dunno...I think wonderful dark chocolate goes better with a fine red wine.

Cheers,

Judy

• jcolwell Said:
  • gonnif Said:
  • carrieliz Said:
  • gonnif Said:

Cheers,

Judy

AGREED, Judy. I plan on doing just that in a few weeks.

(And I have to be honest... I really just posted to requote all the former posts again. Heheheh...Love it!)
  • carrieliz Said:
  • jcolwell Said:
  • gonnif Said:
  • carrieliz Said:
  • gonnif Said:

Cheers,

Judy

AGREED, Judy. I plan on doing just that in a few weeks.

(And I have to be honest... I really just posted to requote all the former posts again. Heheheh...Love it!)

Can I quote you on that?

Hang in there Dan. I was in a similar situation last year with only OChem II and MCAT standing in my way of a good app. Steadily focus on that MCAT studying and then destroy it. Your approach and mentality are on the right track.

Thanks Shawn, congrats once again about your recent acceptance!

Thanks again everyone, good luck!

good luck brother. I am sure you will do fine.

Next June we’re going to be celebrating quite a few acceptances and MCAT scores…

• PixieSanders Said:
Next June we're going to be celebrating quite a few acceptances and MCAT scores...

Dang straight, you are...

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

Indeed!