Finding the right job that will allow you to do pre-reqs...

• Quote:

But the actual pre-reqs are going to be 200 and 300 level courses

Just an FYI that this is not in fact correct for many Community Colleges and Universities. I can speak specifically about CC's and Universities in both Oregon and Washington states. The classes listed below are for Science and Engineering majors.

For Example in Washington State:

Bellevue Community College

General Chem - I Level 140

General Chem - II Level 150

General Chem - III Level 150

Bio - I 201

Bio - II 202

Bio - III 203

PHY - 114 or 121

Phy - 115 or 122

PHY - 116 or 123

University of Washington

General Chem - I Level 142

General Chem - II Level 152

General Chem - III Level 162

Bio - I 180

Bio - II 200

Bio - III 220

PHY - 114 or 121

Phy - 115 or 122

PHY - 116 or 123

With that said I agree there are some schools that are:

A. Not going to take CC credits

B. Not going to think of CC credits as equivilants to University credits, etc as alreaday noted. You really should contact the schools you plan to apply too and they will tell you whether A and/or B apply.

At the University of Washington they actually encourage students to take the pre-req's wherever you can whether it be your local CC or the UofW, etc.

I would say a good rule of thumb is take your pre-req's at the most rigorous school you can given your circumstances (Finances, Location, Ability to succeed, etc). I know several people who have taken there pre-req's at CC's and gone on the attend medical school.

Another thing to keep in mind is your background. If you have a 4 year degree at a University and a decent GPA you have already proven you can succeed at the University level. Taking you pre-req's as a post bacc at some CC is probably not going to be the end of the world.

cheers!