First Test Grades

The orgo exam KICKED MY ASS.
The very good news is this prof appreciates improvement and I have a renewed desire to do better. I hate that I worked my ass off and did not do better.

Rachel,
I think orgo kicks EVERYBODY’S ass! After getting through it, you would not believe how many people tell me, “Oh, I was going to go in PT (or some other program), but I couldn’t pass OChem!” I just say a little prayer and say thank goodness those days are behind me. Just keep on it and you will make it!
Ash,
Stick with Physics. Been there done that. I thought it was boring as hell, but…gotta do it. That was the biggest challenge for me, was trying to stay motivated to finish the first half. I had the same book, and its actually one of the better ones around. Screw the teacher. What a jerk!

Kathy

Wow. I don’t envy you guys and gals, especially since I will have to take
physics and organic chemistry someday soon. And not a day goes by when
I don’t kick myself for not thinking about medical school years ago; at that
time I got A’s in physics (taught by an engineering professor who helped design the Columbia space shuttle). I have this sinking feeling that unless I get in gear A’s won’t be the case this time around. Which is why I’m startinig to review physics now even though I won’t take it until 2005.
Peace and good luck. huh.gif

I’m another one of those doing orgo and physics together, but I at least chose the alg based physics vs calc based. I have great profs for each, and good books thankfully. I don’t envy those of u trying to do the calc based with orgo tho lol. I keep making the stupidest mistakes. If I could quit doing that I’d actually be doing very well in there instead of getting a low B (72 - we have a built in curve) on the first exam and a 17/25 on the first quiz. blink.gif . We had our second quiz last week and I think I did better this time. I know for sure that I missed 5 points so it’ll probably be more like 7 or so but I also know I got the bonus question right so that’s +2. I just hate waiting for scores to be posted! lol.
Physics on the other hand is a major breeze. We get a 3x5 notecard for each exam so it’s pretty much just doing a drawing and then plug and chug biggrin.gif . I got a 90 on the first exam biggrin.gif. That was after totally messing up the final problem (one of two worth 50 pts). I guess since I drew the picture right, and had one of the correct equations written down he decided to give me 35 of those 50 points hehe. I wish all my profs gave such good partial credit tongue.gif .
Ash - for another option for an alg/trig text try Physics by Giancoli, 5th ed. (it might be labeled as Physics: applications)…I think they show really good examples. Good luck!
–Jessica, UCCS