For every new poster on the forum

Greetings!!

I have been posting in my diary, but saw ALL these new posters in the General Forum.

Here is my message to each and every one of you:

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

I am 52 years old, and just got accepted to a Post Bacc Program that will get me into med school - depending on my grades and MCAT scores.

It has been quite the journey so far…but I am enthusiastically telling you, that there is no doubt in my mind that NO-ONE is ever “too old” and with the help available on this site - ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!!

Stride forth boldly…do not let the “Nattering Nabob of Naysayers” hold you back!!

Welcome to an amazing site…and your personal amazing journey!!

Vicki

Good luck to you Vicki! I’m sick of the nabob of naysayers too! They doubt me and all non-traditional medical students. But, with OPM, we have a potent voice of encouragement. I’m glad to meet great examples of courage and determination.

I wish you the best in your studies!

Well said, Vicki!

Folks should leave here realizing :

It can be done, and if it can be done, it WILL be done!!! By many …By Me?

Not sure where I’d be without the early encouragement I got from this site (and the invaluable info I got at the conference when I went.

Kate

Way to go guys. “It is never too late to be what you might have been” (George Elliot). I start Residency next month at the grand “young” age of 52

Orla M Weinhold, M.D.