For my fellow Dilberts--why I'm changing careers

Take a look at this graduation card!

http://www.nykola.com/images/cardfront.jpg

http://www.nykola.com/images/cardinside.jpg

Err, I can view the verbiage, but not any animation (just a red boxed “X.” Can anyone else view it?
Have a great weekend!

Darn, I guess the site doesn’t allow hotlinking. I replaced the image tags with URLs.

OMG!!! I have never worked in a cubicle, but a friend of mine did. She worked at Starbucks all through college, got her business degree, then got her first ‘business’ type job. They put her in a cubicle, she quit after 3 days and went back to Starbucks and is now working her way up the ladder there and is very happy.

Quote:

OMG!!! I have never worked in a cubicle, but a friend of mine did. She worked at Starbucks all through college, got her business degree, then got her first ‘business’ type job. They put her in a cubicle, she quit after 3 days and went back to Starbucks and is now working her way up the ladder there and is very happy.

There has been many a day when I’ve considered doing exactly the same thing!

You haven’t really lived (if you call working in a cube farm “living”) until you’ve experienced prairie dogging–when a colleague pops his/her head up over the cubicle wall, sometimes causing my heart to skip a beat. Better to just eliminate all the partitions and call it an open office. Better still to have intelligent and flexible work rules such as flex time, working from home, and for those poor office drones stuck there 9-5, make the place nicely decorated, naturally lit, full of plants and artwork and comfortable furniture, decent kitchen–a place you’d want to spend 8-10 hours of your waking time.

Terry,
I worked in a cubicle ONCE as an intake nurse for Baylor Homecare. It was so funny. Everyone (all female) were used to staying in their cubicles like scared bunnies, and when I got hired on, I started hosting “cubicle parties” with international food themes. They thought I was crazy, I know. The worst thing about working in a cubicle is “cubicle butt spread”
Kathy

As a fellow OPM who is transitioning from a butt-spreading cubicle chair (not as comfortable as the one in the photo, however), I fully concur and agree! - LM

HAHAH! Wish I had known then (before graduating) what I know now (after being in cube dweller for 7+ years). I would have run FAR FAR away from this environment.
Oh prairie dogs! Gotta love it.
I call my office the “zoo”. Everyone who passes by has to stare inside as though I’m an animal on display.
Feed me, please. I won’t bite.