- 30+ Career changer : Systems engineer for about 10 yrs
- Took pre-reqs about 8 yrs ago & volunteered & MCAT
- Applied in 2008 with minimum qualifications - no acceptance of coarse
- Continued working full-time but couldn’t ignore the idea I wanted to be a doc
- Finally in 2013 quit my career, went to school full-time, did some health care work, trying to retake MCAT , doing a little research
All seemed well on a path living the dream…
Until recently been plagued with doubt, started with not making it into the local Post-bacc , then not being able to find a decent job to pay for apps and new MCAT & kids stuff (single parent of a 12 y/o)
Every now and again I find myself thinking WTH have you done???
You had a decent job, life wasn’t perfect but your bills were paid and you were good at what you did. Just go back and forgot about this foolishness.
So with all that being said. I’m curious has anyone else been at this for a while?
Did you keep pushing forward? Were you successful?
Did you give up and resume you previous career? If so how has that worked out? Do you regret it? Does the passion ever leave your heart or the what if’s in the back of your brain?
Would love to hear others take on this. It is such a unique journey especially for non-traditional applicants.
My Journey : http://andsoitbeginsnywoo d.blogspot.com