Got my scores back!

Got my MCAT score back, got a 26M. Not great, but not terrible and it was well balanced! PS 8, V 9, BS 9. No 7’s, that’s a good thing!

I am a bit disappointed with the verbal, though! 9 is a bit low for me for that section, but the physical science section was a KILLER, I’m just glad I made an 8!

My overall GPA is a 3.52 and my science GPA is a 3.72 with a 4.0 science post bacc.

I feel like I’ll be a pretty competitive D.O. candidate and I should get a couple of looks from my state M.D. schools!

Good news! …and no…I’m not planning on taking it again!

Congratulations GuitarDan - and good luck with AMCAS and AACOMAS. Will be looking forward to hearing about your interview invites and acceptances.

Congrats Dan. Get those apps ready.

Congratulations Dan!! I sit here on the starting end of amassing all I need just to apply and I would be more than happy to be in your shoes!!!

good job dan! now get ready for the wild ride that is application season.

Hi Dan

well done man! Congrats for being done with the beast.

Good luck to you and please let us know how it goes.

Congrats, Dan! Yes, that should be pretty competitive in the DO arena. Plus I think you will interview well - very interesting background and you’ve got a sparkling personality

Keep us posted!

I had my OPP final practical 2 weeks ago and got the scores today - missed 1 point. Tomorrow 8 hours of OSCE exam.

Kate

That’s great Dan. Now get those applications in and be prepared for “the ride”.

Lynda

Woo hoo! Congrats.

Thank you all for the kind words.

Clearly it’s not an amazing score, but it’s at the bottom end of my practice test range and I’ll make do. I was hoping for a 28 or a 29 (the upper end of my practice range) but this new MCAT felt so much harder, I’m frankly just glad I got what I did!

Looking forward to the application season!

Hi Guitardan

I think the most important, aside from the number, is your own satisfaction. That’s really the gauge to go by.

Coming to closure with the test with an acceptable performance is not as easy as it seems.

I wish you the best, and again, congratulations. You now are done with this grueling test, which in my opinion, is one of the worst step of the process.

AGREED on all counts! This whole process is such a crazy head game… I am thrilled for you that you have conquered this hurdle! Onward and upward!!

Well done sir! I will certainly not be disappointed if I get that score. Whatever score gets my foot in the door and a white coat on my back will be fine with me!

Way to go!!

Congratulations, those are really good numbers. Good luck and apply away! Also don’t hesitate at applying for some allopathic schools out of state either.

Thumbs up! Best of luck during the application process, and I’m sure you will keep us updated

Great work dan-the-man. It looks like you’ve got a nice uptrend! Pat yourself on the back sir.