Great book for folk considering career change

Hi all
I want to share with you all, a book I’ve read. My thanks for help, received. I’ve no gain for advertising it. It’s called ‘What should I do with my life?’ by PO Bronson. He profiles 50 people who have taken on the above question and acted. Through these people’s stories and his own, one gets valuable insights and answers that one can apply to one’s own situation. Most are older career changers. Indeed he profiles the story of a young lady doctor who seemed destined to be a doctor from a young age, mainly because of her renowned doctor father. 16 hour days from an early age for her, and all the way to her sad realisation that maybe medicine wasn’t for her, after a few years practice. Of course, she doesn’t remain sad or at least I hope so, because through her anguish, she begins to explore what she thinks she would rather do. Her story is a real eye-opener, for people considering medicine. On the otherhand, he profiles a guy who started late in medicine, who finds immense amount of satisfaction in the career. I’ve mentioned here before that it doesn’t matter in terms of doing good, if one is a doctor or not, in the sense that if you aren’t the doctor attending a patient, there will always be another doctor to do the job i.e. it’s depends on policy, taking into account that there is no scarcity of med sch applicants and plenty of foreign doctors willing to work in the US. He debunks my proposition quite a bit, i’m afraid. He shows through his story, that in his case, it was very important for thousands of lives that he was the doctor. I won’t ruin the story for you, but it involved his previous career. I couldn’t recommend the book enough.
Joe

Greetings-
I would just second your thoughts about this book. It has many great insights for those who may be "on the fence."
Very well researched, as well. It is filled with the details of all of these people’s paths. If you have ever wondered what other people do for a living, there is something for everyone delivered in short digestible units. But I would recommend reading them in order.
Cheers.

I agree with Joe and badwater, this book is extremely thought provoking. I started out reading just the stories I was interested in, and then started again from the beginning. The stories are threaded together and Po Bronson’s own story is told throughout.
I don’t want it to end, and this is a rare feeling for me in regards to nonfiction!