Hello everyone!

Hi everyone, I’m new here, just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I’m currently an undergrad, doing prerequisites for a career in healthcare and am seriously considering applying to med school. I’m 31 years old and have to say that reading through some of the diaries on here has been more than inspiring! I’m truly so grateful that this website exists. I had previously convinced myself that there was simply no way that I could ever become a physician. That it was just a stupid little pipe dream fantasy that I would be smart to abandon. Some really trying events that have happened in my life recently, (and that have still not prevented me from getting through some really tough math and science classes) have encouraged me to think otherwise. I’m starting to believe that I’m stronger than I think, that I’m not afraid of hard work, that I don’t just prefer, but NEED to be intellectually challenged and that age is just a number.

Sorry for the rambling! I look forward to being a member of this amazing community!

Hi Caitlyn – Welcome!!

As Sapphire sings it (the “uppity blues women”) indeed “age ain’t nuthin but a number”.

Hope you enjoy the tons of good advice and inspiration around here

Kate

Welcome! Isn’t it great when everything seems to be coming together? I think you definitely have a great attitude. I was questioned on my interview about my age (39). I explained how my age makes me a better student because as a teacher I realize … and I went on to list the prespective that I have. We will see this week if it paid off.