Hello from Cliff

Hello Everyone!

How are you all doing? Great I hope. I am so happy that such a forum like this exists. It is really good to know that there are others out there that are in a similar situation and who can relate. Often times I think a community like this is strong but usually ignored because we have the challenges of life in our way or dealing with the age discriminiation that still goes on in a competitive field of study.

Anyway, a little bit about me…

I’m a soon to be 29 year old (on the 5th of September) who is now realizing how much I want to pursue a career as a physician. I have been contemplating for a couple of months now since losing my job. Originally from the San Jose (Bay Area) and currently living in the central valley (Stockton, tough city maybe you’ve heard of it?). My background includes a degree in Political Science and has done work in various fields of Technology, Telecommunications and Government Affairs. I will admit that academically I did not do so well during my undergraduate studies and finished with a 2.8 GPA.

Currently I am enrolled in my local community college taking as much pre-req science and math courses before I apply for a post-bacc pre-med program. I’m well aware that the GPA will not be averaged but I am doing well with a 4.0 GPA at the moment. My hope is that a pre-med post bacc program will still consider me as a good enough candidate to get in.

I am really glad I found this website and really look forward to meeting and talking to all of you here.

Hey Cliff, sounds like you’ve got your ducks in a row and are ready to go.

Welcome to OPM!

Thanks Pixie!

I just have to stay sharp and make sure no ducks start to stray.

• CliffPreMD Said:
Thanks Pixie!

I just have to stay sharp and make sure no ducks start to stray.

There is nothing worse than having a non-linear waterfowl issue