Hello

Well, I am finally going to introduce myself. There is something about posting that is the first step towards this journey… I am a 32 year old (okay 33 in a few days) married mom of two great kids ( 3 year old boy, and 1 year old girl). I have a B.S. in Psychology and have been working in Psych research for 12 years. My undergrad grades were good–but science only average.
I have been lurking for at least a year, thinking about doing the premed thing for at least 15 (on and off of course). I had an attempt back in undergrad that scared me out of trying (actually i think I realized I would have to be serious about studying–which would definitely have cut into my social life.) I have not found anything to replace the desire to be a doctor, and I have tried everything. I have shared this with only a two people. A psychiatrist I used to work for a few years ago and my husband. Both have been extremely encouraging. I will give all of the credit to my husband for finally pushing me to get moving. Every time a bring a new career path up, he politely reminds me that those careers are great professions, but they are not what I want to do. It is a blessing to have a husband that knows me so well and when I do finally get where I’m going it will be largely due to his support.
I am extremely apprehensive about starting, but I plan to take it very slow. My first goal is just to get some real discipline and organization in my life–because I know I’ll need it! Although with two toddlers the may be my biggest hurdle! tongue.gif I look forward to getting to know all of you along the way!
Cristin

Welcome to OPM! You will find lots of support, encouragement, and great stories here.
Love,
Stacy

Hey Cristin,
Let me also welcome you to OPM! I understand the apprehension but remember that “the 1000 mile journey begins with the first step”. If you just start doing pretty soon you will be there. Good luck!