Help please

Hello,

I was exploring the medical school websites and noticed they don’t look very well on degrees completed “fully” online. The school is regionally accredited and does have a campus based program too. I have 2 and a half years done online and I kind of just now figured out what i want to do. What should I do ?

1. finish online and do cc classes for science prereq

2. get the associates which i could get and go to cc or standard college for the rest.

3. Stop this idea of going to med school.

Forget all about that ridiculous #3 which isn’t even an option. I would go to a CC get an associates in Bio and then transfer that into your online degree. I guess that would be option 2. I wouldn’t do #1 simply because you don’t want to give the adcoms any reasons to doubt your ability to handle the coursework. While online work is tougher it still carries the stigma of being easy.

it looks like i would have to transfer out of the online since i probably could not bring those bio credits in.

do not be afraid to contact one or two schools and ask them. get it from the source.

• gabelerman Said:
do not be afraid to contact one or two schools and ask them. get it from the source.

Agreed - go straight to the people that will be reviewing your application.

They may say "NO" online - but Yes over the phone once they know your story.

You’ll be fine. Just make sure to finish all your pre-reqs at a local university. I received my BS from a reputable school that offers an online degree option while completing my pre-reqs from a local university and didn’t run into any issues.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.