Hi everyone

Hello,
I guess it's high time that I introduce myself, seeing as I registered a year or so ago and have been lurking regularly ever since! This is my very first time to post on an internet message board, so please be gentle with me! My name is Kristen and I'm from the north Texas area. I'll turn 33 (gasp!) next month and I'm looking at applying in 2005 for admission in 2006. I'm married and have two great kids, a 14 year old daughter and an 8 year old son. The stories I've read on this forum have amazed and inspired me on a regular basis and I am grateful that a resource such as this exists.
I made the decision to pursue my dream of becoming a physician about a year ago and formally changed my course of study to a double Biology/Psychology major. It's always interesting to see how people react when I tell them that I'm going to apply to med school at my age, but most people are very supportive, including my family. I look forward to communicating with all of you and I know that I will benefit tremendously as a result of the supportive atmosphere that exists on this board. I also look forward to sharing some of my own experiences in the hopes of benefiting others on their journey to med school. A year ago, when I was worried that trying to complete medical school at my age was an improbable dream, I stumbled onto this site. I believe it's one of the reasons that I have the confidence to continue. Thanks to you all for sharing your inspiring stories and good advice.
Kristen

Kristen,
Just wanted to say welcome! If you've been lurking this long, then you know we've got a great group here. Ask any questions you want and someone usually pipes up with good info and/or support.
Good luck!

Kristen,
Welcome to OldPreMeds! I am also in North Texas (Richardson to be exact) and am applying this year. I will be 41 in just a few months. I have three kids, ages 20, 11, and 5. I will be graduating from UTD in December. I think OPM has been invaluable in helping me, in terms of support, advice, getting information, and making many great new friends. I have yet to meet an OPMer that I didn't like. They are all so fantastic and have such great life stories! I'm glad to see you found the site, and I wish you well in your goal.
Kathy

Welcome!

Welcome Kristen!

Welcom to OPM Kristen!! What part of north Texas?

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!
Coolmore- I live in Wichita Falls and attend Midwestern State. Just about the only thing this town is known for is being the former home of the Dallas Cowboy's training camp and for having a wacky former mayor whose weird public comments made the town the butt of regular jokes in Texas Monthly! Ha Ha!

Welcome to OPM! People are really great here, but you already knew that cool.gif
Love,
Stacy