Hi, thought I would introduce myself.

Hi, I’ve been reading these forums for a while and thought I would introduce myself. I want to thank everyone on the board, as I’ve read of the past year it has helped a lot. I graduated from college with a degree in Business Administration and a concentration in marketing and a minor in economics in 2005. Since then I had searched for jobs, receiving a few job offers, but never enjoyed what I did. (And it showed in undergraduate = GPA 2.7)In April 2006 I had a slight change in direction in my life. I volunteered as a Recreational Therapy Intern in a Geriatric Center. My life hasn’t been the same since. Since then I signed up for general chemistry on my own. After a summer of Gen Chem I was accepted into and finished a post-bacc premed program. Back in the first week of AMCAS applications I applied, and I finished all the secondary applications a couple weeks ago. I am now waiting for invitations to interviews (I have to say this past year was the most fun I have had in a long time. While it was hard, I enjoyed every moment. I have had the opportunity to observe head and neck surgeries (Otolaryngology I believe), Orthopaedic Surgeries, the replacement of a cataract with an IOL, and cadaver dissections. It has been an amazing year, I can’t imagine what my life would be like right now if I had continued in my previous path. I don’t know what my odds of getting in are, but I’ve decided to adopt the motto that if I don’t try I won’t get in.

And for anybody wondering

Undergrad GPA 2.7

Post-bacc GPA 4.0

MCAT 30

Hi Goobens - I am also new to the OPM forum. You are further along than I. I hope to be ready to start applying in late 08 for the 09-10 year.

Good luck!

Hope to talk again soon

Neil

Hello to you both .

My general outlook includes something that you might appreciate:

The AdComs determine whether I get into a particular school.

Only I determine whether I get into a School of Medicine.

And I will.