Hi !

happy holidays and happy new year to everybody !

• gpb Said:
Here is the reply I got from rwc admissions: Raymond Walters College is UC, it is a branch campus.

Thank you for your email.

Office of Admissions

University of Cincinnati

As long as your final transcript doesn't differentiate courses taken at RWC vs. courses taken at UC, I would say you are good to go. I would still probably go ahead and check with a pre-med advisor at UC and see what info you can get out of an advisor at UC med school just to verify.

the premed advisor replied back saying that the undergrad degree would come from uc even if we did the first two years in rwc. thanks !

here is the reply from the admissions office:

The transcripts from Raymond Walter campus are from the University of Cincinnati. Medical school will be looking for a bachelor degree from an accredited university of college. RWC is a branch campus of the University of Cincinnati.

An interesting comparison of USMLE 2006 Step 1 pass rates for first-time testtakers:

MD: 92 %

DO: 73 %

Foreign med grads: 68 %

USMLE is required for most MD-orientated residencies. COMLEX is required for DO residencies, but a lot of DO kids like the flexibility of the MD match since there are many more slots available in more different places and professional environments.

Source:

http://www.usmle.org/Scores_Transcripts/pe rformanc…