I started a new job today!

So I’m done with my summer classes! Finally!!!

I took 14 credits over last two months and I’m exhausted. I’ll have 3 weeks before catching a breath before the fall classes start. I will only take 1 hard science class (Vaccines) and the rest are easier (biodefence, computers electives + honors seminar). With easier course load, I’ve decided that it would be a good idea to get a job + some experience.

I started today as a medical assistant in a neurology practice! I will be doing some filing, frost desk + I’ll be running TOVA tests! I enjoyed my first day today and I think I’ll really like the job! Another ‘likable’ thing about the job is that it’s only 5 minutes away from my home!!!

Just wanted to share the good news with you.

Kasia

Kasia-- congratulations! Just the thing to help pay for that first year of medical school.

14 credits over the summer? Wow. You must have taken some intense courses.

• ttraub Said:

14 credits over the summer? Wow. You must have taken some intense courses.

I did biochem - which I loved! And Genetics - it was a fun class, but breeding Drosophila can be exhausting. I'm glad it's over! I also took two general education requirements, that were piece of cake in comparison to two other classes .

Congratulations, Kasia! It sounds exciting!

That sounds like fun, Kasia - congrats on finding a new job, especially one 5 minutes from your house! I’m jealous…