I'm BACK!!!!!!

Hey Pre Med family!!! What a long strange trip it has been!! Gave notice to my landlord in Mid-January, not even sure I had landed a job yet. Got 2 offers at NHSC sites. Moved out of my apartment and stayed at a friend’s home by Feb. 2, to avoid paying another month’s rent. Accepted the job in Salisbury, MD. Frantically searched for housing, got “left” by a landlord we were working with 4 days before my start date. Picked a different house, sight unseen, via email. Drove to Salisbury from Ithaca NY with pets and bare essentials on the 10th of January. Payed remainder of security on the 11th ( my first day of work) and thankfully walked away with keys. Slept on the floor the whole first week of work, rented a car one way, drove back to NY with tax money, rented a moving van and brought it all back down on the 17th. Went back to work Monday, and spent ALL DAY this past weekend getting boxes unpacked, Still searching for some items, but have my kitchen up and running, bathroom up and running, and bedroom in place with closet organized. Got my Maryland license Saturday. Got hired as a field instructor as Salisbury University today. Weird thing is that I took the place of a clinician who passed away. It’s mildly ghostly. But fully ready to buckle down, work hard, finish my commitment to the NHSC and start the process towards Johns Hopkins. Don’t know how, but we SCORED with the house we rented. Absolutely love it, and it is cheaper than an apartment in NY. Overall, Life is Good!!! Settling in and ready for the next phase! Anyone down in this area…message me!! I really am coming into the 21st century - I got an IPhone to go with my Macbook Pro…Wow…am I really licensed in two states now??? What an amazing journey!!

Very glad to hear your good news!

Congrats!

• VickiV Said:
Hey Pre Med family!!! What a long strange trip it has been!! Gave notice to my landlord in Mid-January, not even sure I had landed a job yet. Got 2 offers at NHSC sites. Moved out of my apartment and stayed at a friend's home by Feb. 2, to avoid paying another month's rent. Accepted the job in Salisbury, MD. Frantically searched for housing, got "left" by a landlord we were working with 4 days before my start date. Picked a different house, sight unseen, via email. Drove to Salisbury from Ithaca NY with pets and bare essentials on the 10th of January. Payed remainder of security on the 11th ( my first day of work) and thankfully walked away with keys. Slept on the floor the whole first week of work, rented a car one way, drove back to NY with tax money, rented a moving van and brought it all back down on the 17th. Went back to work Monday, and spent ALL DAY this past weekend getting boxes unpacked, Still searching for some items, but have my kitchen up and running, bathroom up and running, and bedroom in place with closet organized. Got my Maryland license Saturday. Got hired as a field instructor as Salisbury University today. Weird thing is that I took the place of a clinician who passed away. It's mildly ghostly. But fully ready to buckle down, work hard, finish my commitment to the NHSC and start the process towards Johns Hopkins. Don't know how, but we SCORED with the house we rented. Absolutely love it, and it is cheaper than an apartment in NY. Overall, Life is Good!!! Settling in and ready for the next phase! Anyone down in this area....message me!! I really am coming into the 21st century - I got an IPhone to go with my Macbook Pro..Wow...am I really licensed in two states now??? What an amazing journey!!

I got exhausted just reading the freaking post!

How exciting!!

Good for you VickiV!

Awesome!

Way to go!

Vicki -

Congratulations at successfully confronting and overcoming all those challenges!!!

I love Salisbury…would come visit but I may not have another moment to myself till I graduate!

Kate