Introductions

42 y.o. male from Jackson MS area. Currently I’m a flight nurse. I have a BSN and 5 years of ICU, ER and Flight experience. I though about going the FNP route but I know deep down I wouldn’t be satisfied. I’ll need to do most of the pre-reqs so I’m venting to those currently on the path and those that have finished. The irony is that nursing is my second career, I was in federal law enforcement and figured the RN would have quenched my thirst. Lol Looking for any advice on attacking the pre-req’s

Welcome cinja! Are there specific medical schools you’d like to target for admissions? If so, I’d start by going to their website and seeing what they want for pre-reqs. Some schools require more than the usual Physics 1&2, Organic 1&2, Inorganic 1&2, and Bio 1&2.

• syr_eng2md Said:
Welcome cinja! Are there specific medical schools you'd like to target for admissions? If so, I'd start by going to their website and seeing what they want for pre-reqs. Some schools require more than the usual Physics 1&2, Organic 1&2, Inorganic 1&2, and Bio 1&2.

I think you mean Gen Chem 1/2. Seems like mincing words, but at my undergraduate school Inorganic Chemistry was actually an upper-division course separate from General.
  • Fedaykin Said:
I think you mean Gen Chem 1/2. Seems like mincing words, but at my undergraduate school Inorganic Chemistry was actually an upper-division course separate from General.

This is a good point, but one that wouldn't be missed by a Chem major.

Upper level Inorganic was a bee-oytch, LOL!!!

Thanks for catching that. I was trying to bust it out so I could finish my golden hour chart.

No specific school come to mind except I’m not willing to go the islander route. I’ve know many residents that were “pirates of the caribbean” types and couldn’t tell them apart, I just can’t see it working for me.