IT/IS/ENGINEERING to premed?

I think that’s what drives us all isn’t it? A desire to make a a difference. My IT career definitely isn’t saving any lives. My job is more “Dilbert” than office space, but believe me, I’ve seen too many similarities between the two to dismiss it. <!–emo&<_dry.gif
When all is said and done, I’d like to look back on my life with pride, not relief that it’s finally over. I know I will never have that opportunity staying in my current career. My epiphany came one day when I was sitting in the typical 405 traffic in LA. (believe me, Denver traffic cannot compare). I was on my way to my job, and something just snapped. I realized I couldn’t continue living like this one more day. And if you’re in a situation you don’t like, you have 2 choices. You can either accept it, or you can do whatever it takes to change it. I chose the latter. And so here I am biggrin.gif
There are those who make things happen, those who watch tings happen, and those who wonder “what the heck just happend?”
Which one are you ?

QUOTE (zanMD @ Oct 2 2003, 08:08 PM)

When all is said and done, I'd like to look back on my life with pride, not relief that it's finally over. I know I will never have that opportunity staying in my current career. My epiphany came one day when I was sitting in the typical 405 traffic in LA. (believe me, Denver traffic cannot compare). I was on my way to my job, and something just snapped. I realized I couldn't continue living like this one more day. And if you're in a situation you don't like, you have 2 choices. You can either accept it, or you can do whatever it takes to change it. I chose the latter. And so here I am biggrin.gif

believe it or not - I had the same epiphany a few years back - but not on the 405 (though I know it well) - for me I was on an out-of-town assignment, sitting in my 16th floor apt in Waikiki - no really !! When the epiphany comes, the circumstances appear to be only a small part of the equation.
Lisa
IT professional since 1981