It's official, I transferred

I would have thought that the academic success of colleges like Baylor, SMU, BYU, and all the Jesuit schools provide plenty of evidence that there are lots of great school that are religiously affiliated. BYU is frequently among the top 5 schools in the nation in terms of sending students on to Ph.D. programs. If you don’t like a particular mix of faith and academics, then don’t attend the institution. But the presence of a faith motivation does not mean poor academics.

BTW, the truth will make you free. And, science is supposed to be a pursuit of truth (as is faith).

Though I personally am not Catholic, but how about Notre Dame? I think their reputation speaks for itself, does it not?

Crazyman you’re right. I agree they do, but I’d not heard much about this program before, so I was being extra careful. It came recomended by Hershey PSU School of Medicine, so I checked into it. It seems rather intense scientifically and so I’m glad I made the switch in spite of my original apprehensions. As I stated before, it did give me a moment pause, but in that I delved into the actual programs and it came out on top. So off I go!

Maddux, I’m a self proclaimed Fighting Irish fan living in Nittany Lion territory. If only I lived close to there. That would be a dream.

astronomy was one of my FAVORITE classes i took at my CC - so interesting to just chew the fat about the ways in which the universe could end!!

my fav is a supernova from a nearby star… but then again, a collision with another galaxy would be awesome too!!

but no, my new favorite is the theories floating around regarding the major celestial alignments happening around 2012 - whenever that funny time they call aquarius actually happens - some say coming in line with all the planets (inferior and superior conjuction), various stars, and the center of our galaxy… perhaps some awesome manipulation of magnetic fields or gravity?? oooh so many possibilities…

but hey! your daughter might be one of the lucky that could get on the lecture circuit and TV shows on discovery, natgeo, and the like!!!

and yeah, the law and ordances aren’t so sexy to read through… but that story from deborah is one of my favs (history channel ran a special just on her and the battle strategies employed)!! and its always good to run through song of solomon (for those that are married lol) and of course a proverb a day never hurt either.

Hello! My name is Anders Branderud and I am from Sweden.

You write: “christians want to welcome me into their congregations because i have the hebraic background… but really, they just want to convert a “jew.” and well, non-believing jews don’t like me because of the horrid atrocities perpetrated under the banner of "jesus."”

I belonged to the ‘messianic movement’ for a while;

le-havdil (to differentiate) now I study and practise meta-Orthodox Judaism.

Jews will accept you if you start doing your utmost to practise Torah, which Torah requires. That is also how first century Ribi Yehoshua from Natzrat (Nazareth) (the Messiah) and his followers Netzarim lived.

The research of world-recognized authorities in this area implies that Ribi Yehoshua from Natzrath (the Nazareth) was a Pharisee (a Torah-practising Jewish group - who according to 4Q MMT practised both written and oral Torah). As the earliest church historians, most eminent modern university historians, our web site (www.netzarim.co.il) and our Khavruta (Distance Learning) texts confirm, the original teachings of Ribi Yehoshua were not only accepted by most of the Pharisaic Jewish community, he had hoards of Jewish students.

Ribi Yehoshuas teachings have been redacted. The redacted teachings and Hellenistic additions are found in the anti-Torah and anti-Halakhah ‘gospel of Matthew’. According to the most authoritative Christian scholars, e.g., The Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible, the NT contains redactions. That Ribi Yehoshua was a Pharisee, and that the historical documentation of Josephus shows that Ribi Yehoshuas brother Ya’aqov was defended by the Pharisees logically implies that to be one of his Netzarim (www.netzarim.co.il)-follower one must practise Torah non-selectively.

The historical Jesus is an oxymoron. The historical person was named le-havdil (to

separate from) Ribi Yehoshua. This is not the same person as the Christian

J
esus.

If you want to learn about the Historical Ribi Yehoshua, whom Orthodox Jews can live with (witness the Netzarim Jews in Raanana, Israel, members in good standing in an

Orthodox synagogue), you must start with books like How Jesus Became Christian by Prof. Barrie Wilson (most bookstores) and Who Are The Netzarim? (publ. www.schuellerhouse.com) by Israeli Orthodox Jew, Paqid

Yirmeyahu Ben-David.

Finding the historical Jew, who was a Pharisee Ribi and following him brings you into Torah, which gives you a rich and meaningful life hereon earth and great

rewards in life after death (“heaven”)!

From AndersBranderud

Geir Toshav, Netzarim (www.netzarim.co.il)