It's official now...

Quote:

That’s awesome that your boss is so accommodating. How many classes are you taking per semester?

I only take one or two classes per semester. Very few classes are offered in the evening here. I just disappear for an hour or three during the day and work slightly longer hours to make up. My staff knows my schedule and it all works out somehow. Being on campus is what makes it workable, though.

I agree that trying to work while taking more than 2 classes is hazardous to grades. But to make ends meet, I need to work at least 10 hours/week. Unfortunately, I don’t have any health-related background experience or certifications besides AHA CPR. I suppose I could look into EMT or phlebotomy! Any recommendations on what type of health-related P/T jobs I could look into? In terms of quality of experience?
And while I’m at it, I’d like to vet out my timeline with willing ears. (Sorry because I’m so new to this path, I only have questions, no answers! )
As of today, I just started down this medschool track. In the next 12-15 months, I plan to study F/T and volunteer for 200-400 hours of clinical experience. So by summer of 2005, I should finish all prereqs and then take August 2005 MCATs. After that, I resume F/T work hopefully in the medical field. Apply for 2007 (interview in Fall 2006). So by the time I apply, I should have 1 year of F/T health-related experience.
Does that make me a viable candidate? Or is that not enough?
Anyhoo, I’m getting shingles just from planning this. Suggestions welcome. I’d really appreciate any sort of insight. And thanks everyone for your continuing support!