Late-birds Thread

I know I’m not the only one who submitted to AMCAS late (as in post Sept. 1st). It’s too disheartening to read about all the people who have gotten interviews already when I just submitted a few days ago.
I was suprised about one thing-the AMCAS site says it takes 4-6 weeks to verify, but I got an email 5 days later saying it was processed.
In any event, maybe those of us who are in the same boat can see if we come close to the early birds. I am working on 2ndaries for AECOM, and Suny Buffalo

You should be ok, but this is getting late so it may slightly affect your chances. But there are still people holding onto their applications as they wait for their MCATs.
Good luck.

Well, you can make up for lost time with quick responses to secondaries - I would not let those babies sit on your desk for more than a few days, a week at most.
It’s early October. Get your secondaries in NOW and you’ve still got a good chance of getting some interview invites if your app looks pretty good.
Good luck!
Mary

Frustration is…

…having your AMCAS and AACOMAS submitted by the second week of July, having your secondaries submitted by mid-August, and having your files linger in the system, incomplete, because one professor has yet to write the letters of recommendation you requested she write back in the first week of August.

I can see the headline now: STUDENT ACCEPTED 30 YEARS AFTER APPLYING TO MEDICAL SCHOOL