Learning from your experiences

I have become more and more inspired as I network with all of you. This weekend I dug through old file boxes and got my old transcripts out and found all the good congratulatory letters I have received over the years. I also found certificates from the many, many trainings I have gone to over the years, and documentation of places I have worked. I spent over an hour adding up GPA’s in “overall” “BPCM” and “Other” which is how the Admissions Committee here breaks it down. I had not looked at my transcripts in ages and realized I had taken many valuable courses over the years that I think will be looked at kindly. I also began to laboriously go through the admission requirements for schools so that I can “drop” the ones that ask for credits to be 10 years or less. And I emailed next semester’s Physics professor and got the name of the text so I can get started early. Also compiled the documentation I will need for the Disability Resource Center on Campus so I can get test taking accomodations. Hey, this is a lot like work! However, it is exciting, motivating, and highly gratifying. I feel as if I am going somewhere!! Thank you for all the input you have helped with thus far. Incidentally, my overall GPA for all 131 credits was 3.73. For what I have thus far in BPCM is 3.63. I feel on strong footing going forward!! In short - You guys rock!!

• VickiV Said:
my overall GPA for all 131 credits was 3.73. For what I have thus far in BPCM is 3.63. I feel on strong footing going forward!!

You are standing a pair a great feet: The average GPA of matriculants to US MD schools is overall GPA of 3.7 and BCPM GPA of 3.6