Let the secondaries roll in!

I have submitted 4 secondaries but I am still waiting on LORs to show up - I am running into all kinds of holdups trying to get a non-science professor letter as I haven’t had a non-science course in 14 years. 3 of my other letters are still out in purgatory and I don’t want to harrass my evaluators too much but it is really holding my application up. I have 6 more secondaries I am working on and waiting for more to roll in.

Does anyone know about University of Rochester, Creighton or Albany Medical College? I feel like its a shot in the dark never having traveled there, etc.

I know that you mean about the BS on secondaries, I just keep track of every essay I have sent in one word file and try to reuse as many as possible. It still takes a long time but I just try to allow time every day to work on it a little until it all gets done.

I would like to know what others are doing in the interim year while we play this waiting game? I am thinking of taking physiology and a survey of infectious disease just to stay sharp although all my pre-reqs are complete - physiology was 12 years ago. what are others doing?

happy trails!

I am feeling more excited as I got my first secondary from a school that pre-screens: VCU! I know they still send to 75% of applicants but I will take it as a good sign! it is the little things that make me happy

I have not heard anything from either UCSF nor UCSD. I read that they stop accepting applications October 15th (yesterday), and my application was complete August 9th. I am hoping that I might still get an invite. At what point should I give up hope, and is it acceptable to call to find out if my application was overlooked somehow? (Because I am sure that must be what happened.)

• snowgirl Said:
I am feeling more excited as I got my first secondary from a school that pre-screens: VCU! I know they still send to 75% of applicants but I will take it as a good sign! it is the little things that make me happy

ohhhhh.. that's such a good feeling, isn't it??!!
  • jenniferblue Said:
I have not heard anything from either UCSF nor UCSD. I read that they stop accepting applications October 15th (yesterday), and my application was complete August 9th. I am hoping that I might still get an invite. At what point should I give up hope, and is it acceptable to call to find out if my application was overlooked somehow? (Because I am sure that must be what happened.)

Yes, you might still get an invite. So don't give up!

And 'Yes' - it's OK to call! I'd call them and make sure that everything is in its place. When I applied last year, most of the schools sent me a little notecard and/or an e-mail saying that my application had been received (and my file is complete; actually in one case it said that they still hadn't received my LORs) and now I should wait to hear more. So call them! It won't hurth you, and for sure willl give you some peace of mind!

Kasia

jenniferblue: yes I agree, call them. I actually have not heard from UCSD either but I do know that after talking with the admissions director (back in June) that they only take ~9 students from out of state and it makes it VERY competitive. You may have great scores but mine were not good enough to get a secondary. They did say that if I could raise my GPA and MCAT or gain state residency that they were impressed with my extracurricular and I could have a chance. You never know though until you ask and they are very nice!

jlw9698: thanks for the note! I take pleasure in the little things and TRY not to let the obstacles get me down. I just found out I am “on-hold” status for VCU as well. So far 3 allopathic “on-holds”, 2 rejections, and 1 interview at NSU COM. No word from Texas schools which is surprising but I am still hoping and praying. I hope we all get to realize this dream!