long time listener,1st time caller

Hi, I’m a 31 yr old non trad that is full time English major at the University of Memphis, a wife, and a full time systems analyst at a cancer clinic. I was an idiot my freshman year some 10+ yrs ago and instead of withdrawing, I just stopped attending class altogether. I’ve since brought my 0.00gpa up to a 3.19, and I have 60 more hours to improve from there.I’ve been a member of this site for quite some time and find it amazing that I have gotten so much encouragement on this journey from people that have no idea that I exist. The hard part for me is figuring out how to schedule the thick of my sciences so that I can plan for the MCAT as I’ve only completed Gen Bio thus far.

Hi! Thanks for coming out of the shadows!

I’d say try to get Gen Chem 1 and 2 next, along with Physics I and I. You have to have Gen Chem before Organic.

That way the following year you can do Organic Chem I and II, maybe with Physiology first semester and MCAT prep second semester.

Kate

Thanks for the recommendation! I decided to take some classes this summer as well, but I think I’m going to use the summer to get some fluff classes toward my major out of the way. None of the sciences I need are at a reasonable start time this go round. When do you think I should squeeze in Physics?

All I’d say is NOT with O’Chem. Get it out of the way before then. Lots of problems, lots of practice and same for O-chem. They are both time-sinks.

Kate

Welcome,

I took Physics along with Gen Chem and I’m not sure if anyone else would agree but I found that they were complimentary (not the material necessarily but the study and math skills I needed coincided well with each other and there is some nice crossover that made me feel like I was getting a good overall picture) I am not at ALL a math wiz so if I feel like if I could do it anyone can ; )

Good Luck!!!

• Mallory Said:
Welcome,

I took Physics along with Gen Chem and I'm not sure if anyone else would agree but I found that they were complimentary (not the material necessarily but the study and math skills I needed coincided well with each other and there is some nice crossover that made me feel like I was getting a good overall picture) I am not at ALL a math wiz so if I feel like if I could do it anyone can ; )

Good Luck!!!!

i would agree with you, even a small amount of the info (thermodynamics/thermoche mistry, calculating wavelengths etc) cross over

good luck!

Thanks for that tip! I’m trying to arrange my summer classes now and I have to get pre-cal out of the way in order to do Chem since it’s a pre-req for the class. That way come fall, I can look into doing chem I and physics I along with my lit classes.